Re: Socialnetworks of a person or organization

From: Thad Guidry <thadguidry@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2014 08:53:34 -0600
To: Adrian Giurca <giurca@tu-cottbus.de>
Cc: Dan Brickley <danbri@google.com>, Stéphane Corlosquet <scorlosquet@gmail.com>, Matthias Tylkowski <matthias@binarypark.org>, "public-vocabs@w3.org" <public-vocabs@w3.org>, Libby Miller <libby@nicecupoftea.org>
Agreed, that a generic "Account" naming convention might be best to handle
100% of all use cases from the highest level.

I'd rather switch the semantics of "social" presence to just the 1960's
view of ... a "login presence".

My personal definition of "Account" type would be defined as:
"An identifier for a login presence of a Person, Organization, or Thing
that represents them within a site or app"
(the key semantic difference in my definition is that it says it's an
"identifier for the presence" of a Person, Organization, Thing on a site or
app...and not necessarily the physical entity)

The idea is further stretched into Drupal terms, (correct me if I'm wrong,
Stéphane) such as forums, etc, where "Account" is pseudo for "login" or
"login presence" that holds properties of "accountName" and "password", etc.

In machine terms, an "Account" is attached to a "login" typically, with all
it's relevant properties that are usually provided with an "Account"
type... username, password, full name, address, bank account #, account_id,
other_Accounts_on_the_web_that_you_want_to_link_to_this_Account, etc, etc,
etc.

An "Account" 's username property is not necessarily their "identifier for
their presence", but typically is established in such a way nowadays.
 (Login with your Facebook Account instead, blah, blah)

--
-Thad
Thad on LinkedIn <http://www.linkedin.com/in/thadguidry/>