RE: Draft schema for QA sites

From: Markus Lanthaler <markus.lanthaler@gmx.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2014 17:49:04 +0100
To: "'Dan Brickley'" <danbri@google.com>
Cc: "'Martin Hepp'" <martin.hepp@ebusiness-unibw.org>, 'St├ęphane Corlosquet' <scorlosquet@gmail.com>, "'W3C Web Schemas Task Force'" <public-vocabs@w3.org>
On Wednesday, January 22, 2014 4:49 PM, Dan Brickley wrote:
> >  - Do we really need lastEditor? What about using CreativeWork's
> > editor instead?
> >
> >  - Which property is used to connect a question to its answers?
> > AFAICT there's none.
> >    What about introducing answer
>
> Do you mean something alongside
> http://sdo-wip1.appspot.com/acceptedAnswer so we have the candidate
> answers, as well as the finalized one?

Exactly. In RDFS-speak, acceptedAnswer would then be a subPropertyOf answer.

How are cases like these handled in general in Schema.org? Is the preference to create two different properties

  Question -> answer -> all Answers
           -> acceptedAnswer -> the subset of accepted Answers

or to add a property to the thing it points to

  Question -> answer -> all Answers, marked with a property
                        Such as accepted -> true

I'm sure you know that off the top of your head so I'm being lazy and ask instead of checking it myself :-) We should try to keep such things consistent.

--
Markus Lanthaler
@markuslanthaler