Re: search client

From: Mark Harrison <mark.harrison@cantab.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2014 09:41:15 +0100
Cc: public-vocabs@w3.org
To: Dave Caroline <dave.thearchivist@gmail.com>, "Richard H. McCullough" <rhmccullough@att.net>
I'm no expert in mind-reading but perhaps Dick McCullough was asking whether it is possible for a client to ask the major search engines using SPARQL (or even a simplified version of SPARQL) and express their query using predicates and classes from schema.org in order to find resources and documents containing those assertions - i.e. to use schema.org not only for publishing Linked Data but also for querying it via regular search engines.

For a while there was OpenKnowledgeGraph, which provided a SPARQL endpoint - until it closed down.
Freebase also provides a SPARQL endpoint, although the predicates appear not to be those from schema.org

There is a discussion here https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/infovore-basekb/Dy9T3aI7ZLw
about the possibility of mapping terms from schema.org to Freebase predicates.

I hope this helps!

Best wishes,

- Mark