New Proposal - Measurement (in support of describing sports statistics)

From: Jason Johnson (BING) <jasjoh@microsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2014 18:07:47 +0000
To: "public-vocabs@w3.org" <public-vocabs@w3.org>
In order to support describing sports statistics, we need the ability to describe measurements that happen over a certain time period, where the value of the measurement can either be a quantity or a rate.  Our current schema.org vocabulary is not sufficient to cover these needs but models, somewhat inconsistently, various aspects of it.  This proposal aims to clean up the existing vocabulary a bit and introduce new terminology to meet the needs of describing sports statistics.

Impacted classes and properties include:

http://schema.org/StructuredValue
http://schema.org/QuantativeValue
http://schema.org/value
http://schema.org/unitCode

The Sports proposal is dependent upon review and approval of this proposal or similar alternative.  The ItemList proposal also takes advantage of this proposal.

https://www.w3.org/wiki/WebSchemas/Measurement
https://www.w3.org/wiki/File:Schema.orgMeasurement.pdf

I look forward to your timeline feedback.

Cheers,

Jason Johnson
Microsoft | Bing