RE: New Proposal - Measurement (in support of describing sports statistics)

From: <Simon.Cox@csiro.au>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2014 23:38:10 +0000
To: <jasjoh@microsoft.com>, <public-vocabs@w3.org>
If you are dabbling in this area, possibly worth aligning terminology with VIM [1], and standards In the technical community such as ISO 19156 O&M (summarized at [2] and links). 'Measurement' is generally understood as a special case of 'observation', being a value estimation event whose result is a scaled number (i.e. a 'quantity').

[1] http://www.bipm.org/en/publications/guides/vim.html
[2] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Observations_and_Measurements