Re: revisiting 'position', 'episodeNumber', 'seasonNumber' modeling and Periodicals

On 8/12/14, 8:23 AM, Peter F. Patel-Schneider wrote:

> I think that 10.1 and 10.2 are intended for mathematical use.

No, I have many examples where people have used ".n", even with
non-numeric identifiers ("AA345.1"). There are no rules for what people
"have done." Often they are just trying to find a sortable order, and
even go so far as "AA345.1a" or "35.1b." Never underestimate the
cleverness of a person who needs to insert something into an already
developed sequence.

kc

   They code

--