Re: ItemList examples

From: Vicki Tardif Holland <vtardif@google.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2014 16:05:49 -0400
To: Markus Lanthaler <markus.lanthaler@gmx.net>
Cc: W3C Web Schemas Task Force <public-vocabs@w3.org>
On Thu, Aug 7, 2014 at 3:36 PM, Markus Lanthaler <markus.lanthaler@gmx.net>
wrote:

> It is also not clear to me what "positionBasis" is and how "itemListOrder"
> is going to be used. Also here, I would appreciate some explanations.

The "itemListOrder" property already exists. It is supposed to signal
whether this list is ordered, and if so, is it an ascending or descending
list.

The new "positionBasis" is designed to give more information for how
something came to be in a particular position. For example, if I want to
mark up the Billboard 200 artists with the most cumulative weeks at number
one (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billboard_200), I could give the
Beatles the positionBasis of 132.

I think it is fair to ask whether positionBasis needs to carry units as
well as a value.

Vicki Tardif Holland | Ontologist | vtardif@google.com