RE: ItemList examples

From: Markus Lanthaler <markus.lanthaler@gmx.net>
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2014 22:30:04 +0200
To: "'W3C Web Schemas Task Force'" <public-vocabs@w3.org>

Hmm... I don't think I understand what an ascending or descending list is in this context. Let's assume the items are 1 2 3. Is the list ascending or descending? What makes the example at http://schema.org/ItemList a descending list?

> The new "positionBasis" is designed to give more information for how something
> came to be in a particular position. For example, if I want to mark up the Billboard
> 200 artists with the most cumulative weeks at number one
> (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billboard_200), I could give the Beatles the
> positionBasis of 132.

Thanks for the explanation.

> I think it is fair to ask whether positionBasis needs to carry units as well as a value.

I think the question should rather be what use cases positionBasis addresses if it isn't clear what it expresses. In the example above, a property like weeksInCharts would carry that information.

--
Markus Lanthaler
@markuslanthaler