RE: ItemList examples

From: Markus Lanthaler <markus.lanthaler@gmx.net>
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2014 21:36:26 +0200
To: "'W3C Web Schemas Task Force'" <public-vocabs@w3.org>
There have been quite a couple of +1 for the "Role-like idiom" which, according to [1], means that the same property that points to the ItemList is being used inside ListItem instead of using "item". I fail to see what advantages that might have. Could someone please explain them for me? Based on my current understanding, it just complicates things (e.g., there might be no property pointing to the ItemList or that property might be unkown to the consumer of the ItemList).

It is also not clear to me what "positionBasis" is and how "itemListOrder" is going to be used. Also here, I would appreciate some explanations.

Thanks,
Markus

[1] https://docs.google.com/document/d/1WIQvnaAWCdcPn3AouznLELbLCcHqkGlttYREChVFycc/edit?usp=sharing

--