Re: has, is, of

Hello,

There has been discussions on whether property names should be nouns
or verbs. You might find JeniT's article [1] and RoleNoun entry at W3C
Wiki [2] interesting, for example.

BTW, noun property names work better at least in Japanese, e.g.

  :book :著者 :dan .      # 著者 = author

seems OK, while verb form would be tricky: has-author style (:著者を持つ)
sounds strange partly because Japanese sentense has SOV structure
rather than SVO. Instead,

  :book :の著者は :dan .  # ≒ whose author is

makes sense, though almost not acceptable as a property name.

cheers,

[1] http://www.jenitennison.com/blog/node/128
[2] http://www.w3.org/wiki/RoleNoun

--