Re: Socialnetworks of a person or organization

On 4/12/14 4:37 PM, Wes Turner wrote:
> That would be outstanding. This does seem a bit of an OT rider
> (sorry!), but schema:(Person|Organization).webid -> schema:webid ->
> schema:webkey ...
>
> Use case:
>
> A (package or commit of a release of a) SoftwareApplication (release,
> package) is signed with a Person or Organization's webkey; which is
> hosted by a network.
>
> Further discussion (in re: SoftwareApplication) may be more
> appropriate at:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-vocabs/2014Apr/0177.html

In addition to a schema:webkey based relation that has a public key (in
typed literal form) as its object. You can also have a schema:webkeyURL
based relation which has a public key document URL as its object. Why is
this useful? It enables an agent de-reference a public key in a variety
of public key formats, thus just by knowing your schema:webid an agent
can ultimately de-reference your public key.

Typical use case? Setting up ssh access for someone or some software
agent [1].

Links:

[1] http://bit.ly/P0HVdI -- post that showcases (via example)  the
virtues of denoting a public key with an HTTP URI.

Kingsley

--

Regards,

Kingsley Idehen