Re: SKOS for schema.org proposal for discussion

It is great to see that skos:prefLabel is being mapped to schema:name
(aka rdfs:label) instead of keeping it separate. Judging from the SKOS
files that I have seen, many users are confused about which property to
use and end up duplicating labels. But I believe the same could happen
with skos:definition - why not use schema:description.

Likewise, altLabel and hiddenLabel may be sufficiently generic to be
upgraded to Thing, in support of semantic search.

changeNote, example, and the other *note properties also seem to be of
general interest for anyone maintaining a track record of semantic data.
I do acknowledge that Thing shouldn't have too many properties, so there
could be a Note class with corresponding subclasses and a field for
author and time stamp, and any Thing could have any number of Notes
attached to it.

Holger