Re: Semantically marking up a "checklist" or process

Now maybe I'm a bit naive but I can't help thinking about the mechanism
that exist in HTML to create order, namely rel="next" and rel="prev".

Could we maybe do something with mark up like this:

  <h2 itemprop="name">Most popular products</h2>

  <ol>
    <li itemprop="itemListElement" itemid="product-1" itemscope itemtype="
http://schema.org/Product">
      <link itemprop="next" href="product-2">

      <a itemprop="url" href="http://example.org/producturl">
      </a>
    </li>

    <li itemprop="itemListElement" itemid="product-2" itemscope itemtype="
http://schema.org/Product">
      <link itemprop="prev" href="product-1">
      <link itemprop="next" href="product-3">

      <a itemprop="url" href="http://example.org/producturl">
      </a>
    </li>

    <li itemprop="itemListElement" itemid="product-2" itemscope itemtype="
http://schema.org/Product">
      <link itemprop="prev" href="product-2">

      <a itemprop="url" href="http://example.org/producturl">
      </a>
    </li>
  </ol>

Here we have a <link> element and 2 new properties for 'Thing' (Product):
'next' & 'prev' (or whichever labels would be more preferable) which by
means of the href could be linked to the corresponding 'itemid'.

Would thist be a viable line of thought?