Re: Schema.org accessibility proposal Review...

Liddy,

Now I see what you mean. And it is very complex. Are a printed page, a
photo of a page, a gif with some letters, and digital document all text?

The Dublin Core type vocabulary says:

"Text: Examples include books, letters, dissertations, poems,
newspapers, articles, archives of mailing lists. Note that facsimiles or
images of texts are still of the genre Text."

But I think is is assuming that the user is sighted. There are many
gradations, both of text and of sightedness -- with a magnifying glass
some VIPs (visually impaired persons) can read non-digital text, but if
it is unclear, or on a medium that does not fit with their reading device...

I think it may be necessary to have "visually accessible text" vs.
"machine-interpretable text". I can't imagine how you would fill in all
of the variations.

Good luck! :-)

kc