Re: Implementing schema.org at a major academic publisher

Hi, Paul -

In answer to your final question - I recently ran across a self-published
author who marked up her website with Book markup. Once my shock wore off,
I had a look - her website ranks pretty high for a couple of innocuous
keywords. (If you Google the words "carry" and "horn", her book listing
"To Carry the Horn" is up VERY high, considering it's a self-published
author with no marketing resources.) She does not choose to put her books
into Google Books, so she probably won't get a Knowledge Graph, but
nevertheless her book is extremely discoverable. So that's tangible.

Her website is here, for reference: http://perkunaspress.com/wp/.

I'll be doing some experimentation on my own title at some stage and I can
share results when I see them.

- L

Laura Dawson
Product Manager, Identifier Services
http://www.isni.org
http://www.selfpublishedauthor.com

ISNI 0000 0004 1029 5439
Bowker | 630 Central Avenue | New Providence, NJ 07974 USA |

ProQuest... Start here <http://www.proquest.com/en-US/default.shtml>.
2012 InformationWeek 500 Top Innovator
Bowker, a ProQuest affiliate
 <http://www.twitter.com/Bowker>