Re: SKOS for schema.org proposal for discussion

I agree with Ed on the naming (and on much else that he has said). I
don't think it will be easy to explain when to define a
schema/Enumeration and when to use schema/enumConcept. Obviously, there
is no bright line, but for each list a metadata developer will need to
make the choice.

The use of "enum" is likely to cause more confusion between these two
use cases. Much care will need to be taken in defining enumConcept, and
there may need to be additional documentation (beyond the short
definition) to make this clear.

I actually think that both "enum" and "Concept" are problematic. What is
the essence of this property? Is it that its values are members of an
external list? Or ...? Whatever it is, it seems that the name should
evoke something that resonates to that meaning.

kc

--
Karen Coyle
kcoyle@kcoyle.net http://kcoyle.net