Re: SKOS for schema.org proposal for discussion

On Tue, Oct 8, 2013 at 7:37 AM, Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com>wrote:

> On 10/8/13 2:20 AM, Martin Hepp wrote:
>
>> On Oct 7, 2013, at 11:22 PM, Dan Brickley wrote:
>>
>>  Can anyone here _not_ live with EnumConcept, given the various
>>> constraints and viewpoints expressed so far?
>>>
>>> Dan
>>>
>> I personally would prefer TerminologyConcept or TerminologicalConcept,
>> because the notion of Enumeration and in particular the abbreviation Enum
>> is, IMO, a bit difficult for broad audiences.
>> But I am not religious about it. EnumConcept could do.
>>

> +1
>
> Personally, I believe "Terminology" and "Concept" concatenation conveys
> the goal of this effort more effectively than "Enum" which is too skewed
> towards programmers.

Although I like EnumConcept better than SkosConcept, I still feel it
requires some knowledge about the whole enumeration thing used by schema.org
.

Even if Topic is more specific than Concept, it is more intuitive to
understand and use than EnumConcept, and fits well in the pragmatic
approach of schema.org. It's more likely to see higher adoption than
something more obscure like EnumConcept or SkosConcept.

+1 for Topic.

Steph.

--
Steph.