Re: CreativeWork can't be a Product?

The documentation here leaves a lot to be desired.  I think, at the very
least, an example of this in use on schema.org with a schema.org URL would
be useful.  As far as I know ProductModel [1] is the only type that uses
additionalType in example code, and this very much in keeping with what the
property's description describes as the "typical"  use for the property in
"adding more specific types from external vocabularies in microdata syntax."

Is <link> required to employ additionalType?  Once an additionalType is
declared, can properties be associated with it *and* the initially-declared
item?  There's no guidance on this or any other information on
schema.orgabout implementing additionalType.

Note that additionalType proposal [2] included "Changes to
http://schema.org/docs/datamodel.html" - namely the insertion of a section
"Handling of Multiple Types."  That section obviously never made its way to
the Data Model page.

[1] http://schema.org/ProductModel
[2] http://www.w3.org/wiki/WebSchemas/additionalTypeProposal