Re: Schema.org terms converted formats

On 1 October 2013 09:47, Marc Twagirumukiza <marc.twagirumukiza@agfa.com> wrote:
> Hello there,
> I am trying to understand why there is difference between the automatically
> scraped formats from the Schema.org terms (RDF/XML, RDF/Turtleetc) found at
> :  http://schema.rdfs.org/ and the official OWL version of the terms is
> directly maintained at Schema.org.
>
> Yet, the note said that the official OWL version of the terms is directly
> maintained at Schema.org and independent from the above presented formats,
> but most of our community are using the above formats and the differences
> may causes some difficulties.
>
> The main observed difference is in properties range when it is "literal" in
> OWL format, it's converted in "xsd:string" in automatically scraped formats,
> although it's stated that all those formats are automatically scraped from
> the Schema.org terms on a daily basis. Can we have a reliable tool to
> produce Schema.org terms as they are in the original official OWL version?
> By the way is this OWL version (from http://schema.rdfs.org/ ) up-to-date?

At this stage, the best and primary auto-generated public machine
representation of schema.org is the RDFa version,
http://schema.org/docs/datamodel.html ->
http://schema.org/docs/schema_org_rdfa.html

The OWL version at schema.org is not being regenerated currently, and
there have been discussions about whether or not it would be useful in
some altered form. Holger (cc:'d) has made a more recent draft OWL
version available at http://topbraid.org/schema/ though I don't know
if it tracking changes to schema_org_rdfa.html

I don't know if the files and tools at rdfs.org are staying current;
this is work from a research group at DERI.

The main difference you'll find in the official schema.org
representation is that we use very loose type/property associations
(hence 'rangeIncludes' instead of 'rdfs:range', etc).

Dan