Re: webschema-ISSUE-22 (openingHours x2): Schema.org has two ways to express opening hours [Feedback on Schema.org]

Dear Bernard,
Indeed extracting temporal information from text is a complex task.  As
such, if you consider automatic schema.org data creation, then of
course, there are many challenges. However, looking from the perspective
of human and machine data creation, i.e. aiming to provide a data format
for Opening Hours then I agree with Good Relations because makes
possible various combinations. Many examples discussed in paper [3]
(e.g, "open from February 15th to 30th", "Open every day in July and
August. Outside this
period, closed on Wednesday night, all day Thursday and on Sunday night.
Opening times: from noon to 2pm from 7pm to 10pm.")  can be markup with
OpeningHoursSpecification, of course, sometime easy, sometime much more
verbose.

Just to try an answer to Richard: I believe in this case (and possibly
others) the meaning of missing information should be interpreted as
negative information (Closed World Assumption). As such when, for
example, Wednesday is completely missing from markup, then the machine
means "closed".
If we will adopt the Open World Approach then the negative information
must be explicitly expressed i.e.,  we need to encode "closed"
explicitely therefore a proposal such the one Bernard did below is suitable.

Regards,
Adrian