Activity proposal and activitystrea.ms

From: James M Snell <jasnell@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 20 May 2013 21:43:46 -0700
To: "public-vocabs@w3.org Vocabs" <public-vocabs@w3.org>
I'm still in the process of fully reviewing the activity proposal but
one thing that struck me is that, at least in the json serialization,
there is really nothing that I see that justifies creating a new
alternative json representation. The existing activitystrea.ms
representation of an activity would work just fine with a few new
extensions here and there. To show by example, I worked up a quick
extension for activitystrea.ms that brings in the notion of handlers
and tentative/pending actions [1]

While I do understand the motivations behind the proposed design, I'm
no where near convinced that a distinctly new model is required.

[1] https://raw.github.com/jasnell/specs/master/activitystrea.ms/action_extension.txt

- James