Re: Actions in Schema.org: target & object properties

On Thu, May 16, 2013 at 6:16 PM, Yaar Schnitman <yaar@google.com> wrote:
>[snip]
>>
>> FWIW, as an aside - I have my doubts on the whole Schema.org extension
>> process which just feels haphazard.  To me I just see the flurry of
>> http://schema.org/Action/FubarAction appearing without really understanding
>> how to process the properties.
>
> I'm concerned about that too. But the flurry would be controlled by how many
> people process and do something meaningful with FubarAction. If nobody
> understands it's properties, it won't be widely used. So the incentives to
> stick to the standard actions is strong. This has proved to be the case with
> other Schema.org non-action types.
>
> I hope schema.org will move fast to introduce an extensible, useful
> vocabulary of verbs. That will reduce the need to create FubarActions.
>[snip]

Well, as a starting point, activitystrea.ms already has a fairly
extensive set of verbs defined...

http://activitystrea.ms/specs/json/schema/activity-schema.html#verbs

There is also a proposal on the table for using the activitystrea.ms
base format for describing new verbs [1]

[1] https://raw.github.com/activitystreams/activity-streams-verb-definition/master/activity-streams-verb-definition.txt

- James