Re: Actions in Schema.org

On 14 May 2013 18:40, James M Snell <jasnell@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, May 14, 2013 at 6:28 PM, Dan Brickley <danbri@google.com> wrote:
> [snip]
>>> A few of us on the Learning Registry team have been considering harmonizing
>>> our LR Paradata 1.0 spec (1) with Schema.org and the Actions proposal really
>>> is a great step. The Paradata spec is an enhancement of ActivityStrea.ms (2)
>>> primarily directed towards Educational Activities.
>>[snip]
>
> Btw, FWIW, I am one of the editors for the activitystrea.ms specs.. I
> know that there are a number of important differences between this
> proposal and those specs and that the use cases for each are a bit
> different, but I am certainly interested in making sure that there is
> good alignment between this and what we've done in activitystrea.ms.

Thanks! We still have some wiggle-room to bring things closer
together. Our Actions draft is very much oriented towards fitting into
the rest of the schema.org system but hopefully there are places where
choices (like particular action/activity types) can be aligned with
the work of the activitystrea.ms community. Maybe we could take a set
of activitystrea.ms descriptions and check the extent to which they
can be described via schema.org Actions?

Dan