Re: Proposal: Promote 'citation' property up to CreativeWork

+1
Hi. (I'm Maori. I'm writing to you for the first time.)
I'm going to recommend new property 'citation ID'.
You marked up some links with URL.
If the URL had id, how about using ID property in addition to URL property?

E.g.
<a itemprop="url" href="http://dx.doi.org/10.2307/3889336">

<a itemprop="url" href="http://books.google.co.uk/books?vid=ISBN9780520242098">

Some vocabularies seem to have proposed ID properties.

- schema.org/Book > isbn
- schema.org/Product > productID
- schema.org/Product > gtin13, gtin14, gtin8

Especially, ‘productID’ in Thing > Product expect several types of ID.
http://schema.org/Product
I felt the situation is similar to citation.

We proposed schema.org extensions for BiologicalDataBaseEntry and BiologicalDatabase last year.
(I'd like to send you details about it later.)
Although we made reference property in our vocabularies, if the citation proposal will be selected, I'd like to abolish reference property and promote to mark-up citation property.

CUS,

Maori

--
-- :-);-)