From: Diane Hillmann [mailto:metadata.maven@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, May 03, 2013 11:29 AM
To: Marian, Radu
Cc: LeVan,Ralph; Thad Guidry; public-vocabs@w3.org; Alexey Zakhlestin
Subject: Re: how to go about creating a new vocab?

Radu:
The OMR is a service designed to give the vocabulary owner (an important concept for us) the tools to manage and publish vocabularies.  We have user management controls in place--the admin that is (or represents) the owner makes the decisions about who among designated maintainers has specific permissions.
Most of our larger vocabulary owners prefer to use their own domain, and we can assist in providing appropriate content negotiation for external domains. Whether our domain or external domains are used, we do not claim ownership over the content provided by others through the OMR. Owners are free to export or move their vocabularies at any time. Our upgraded system will include improvements in several areas, including user management, private as well as public vocabularies, the ability to manage vocabularies locally and upload them to the OMR for distribution/availability for others, and semantic mapping.
Diane