Re: how to go about creating a new vocab?

On 05/02/2013 12:48 PM, Marian, Radu wrote:

> That is correct Thad -- thanks for clarification.
>
> *Radu Marian,*MSCS, SCEA, CISSP
>
> Bank of America - Charlotte, NC
>
> VP, Architect 2, Enterprise Security Architecture **
>
> Business phone number: (704) 628-6874
>
> /an Enterprise without Ontology is like a country without a map.///

One option is to create a W3C Community Group.   That gives you a
mailing list (with public archives) and a wiki for the development
stage.   It also give you the namespace
http://www.w3.org/ns/your-group-name.   (With a bit of discussion we can
probably make that namespace differ from the group name, or have several
namespaces.)    When the group is ready to post or revise its namespace
document, email me and/or the webmaster at webreq@w3.org.   (I'm working
on a webform to do that publishing automatically, but for now we'll do
it by hand.  We're in the process of starting to be more public about
this service.)

For more information on creating Community Groups, see:
http://www.w3.org/community/

I should point out that if you do it this way, W3C owns the vocabulary.
As long as the Community Group is working well by consensus, I doubt
anyone will notice or care.   But if at some point there is a  dispute,
it'll be up to W3C process (involving the Director and possibly the
Members) to settle it.   This will be comforting to some people, but if
it's not how you want things to work with this vocabulary, then this
isn't a good option.

I hope this helps.

         -- Sandro  (and thanks to danbri for tagging me on this discussion)