Re: Should we adopt SKOS?

On 11/01/2013 09:56, Richard Wallis wrote:

> I agree with your concerns in 2) - we should not lose sight of the
> broad general purpose of the initiative and the goal of delivering
> something simple to help people mark up their data so the search
> engines can discover them.

+1 with a double underlining of simple.

Thank you for raising this Mike, without prejudice to the suggestion
that started this discussion (I think there is merit in discussing what
the about property points to) I too have been somewhat alarmed that the
discussions seem to be leading in the direction of the level of
complexity that lead the sponsors of schema.org to create it rather than
use the semantic web technologies that were already there.

It would be very useful to have some discussion/clarity on what
schema.org is useful for and what use cases are best left to full-on RDF.

Phil

--
<http://www.icbl.hw.ac.uk/~philb/>

-----
Sunday Times Scottish University of the Year 2011-2013
Top in the UK for student experience
Fourth university in the UK and top in Scotland (National Student Survey 2012)

We invite research leaders and ambitious early career researchers to
join us in leading and driving research in key inter-disciplinary themes.
Please see www.hw.ac.uk/researchleaders for further information and how
to apply.

registered under charity number SC000278.