From: Richard Le Poidevin [mailto:ric@betleywhitehorne.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 22, 2012 7:40 AM
To: public-vocabs@w3.org
Subject: Schema for vehicles

Hello,

Has there been any work in creating a schema for vehicles? I am thinking it
would extend Thing > Product and contain details such as MPG, number of
doors, body type etc. If no work has been done, can anyone point me in the
direction of a similar schema elsewhere which could be converted into
microdata. Microformats have Vehicles as part of Item
(http://microformats.org/wiki/item-examples#Vehicles).

Whilst looking over the various schemas I notice they are written with
America English, is this how all schemas should be?

Finally, how active is the Microdata community and it's implementation in
Google, Bing etc? I'm very keen to use Microdata but for something announced
by Google, Bing and Yahoo
(http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2011/06/introducing-schemaorg-search-engines
.html) the website doesn't seem very active, or does it all happen here?

Many thanks

Ric Le Poidevin