Re: New proposal: health & medical extensions to schema.org

Typically, the latter is something that is life threatening and/or requires
immediate medical attention. The most common case on the web is for pages
that describe drug adverse effects. Drugs typically have some relatively
benign side effects like headache, and some rare but serious side effects
that require immediate medical attention. Here's an example from
PubMedHealth:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0000009/#a600045-sideEffects

We felt that it was important to provide a way to capture the two different
categories, hence the two properties.

--Aaron