Strawman proposal (was: [agenda] 16 June "new standards" task force)

Le mercredi 16 juin 2010 à 15:56 +0000, Michael Champion a écrit :
> here is my strawman proposal for how W3C could address the problem
> this TF is focused on:
>
> W3C host something like a specialized version of "Google/Yahoo/Live
> Groups with an IPR policy" to  support the larger community of those
> who are thinking about and prototyping formats, protocols, APIs,
> tests, etc. to improve the Web experience.  There would be no mandate
> that the work not compete with other W3C efforts, and participants
> would be offered a menu of IPR policy alternatives under which they
> could operate rather than being forced to adopt to a single predefined
> IPR policy.  One would almost certainly be the Open Web Foundation
> agreement. Likewise there would be no mandate that the completed work
> advance to standardization via the W3C; presumably the W3C brand and
> community would tend to steer the most useful results toward
> Recommendation track.  W3C staff (or volunteers) would offer *minimal*
> moderation to make sure that the group is doing work that is plausibly
> useful to the Web, and not a home for malware/phishers/etc.

+1 on working on a concrete plan, and +1 to start with something along
that line; it would need to be compared/merged with the other proposals
on the table:
http://www.w3.org/2010/04/w3c-vision-public/wiki/Newstd#References
(where I've added Mike's message)

Dom