RE: Chairs' decision on VC-ACDC Proposal

https://hyperonomy.com/2019/04/09/clique-speak/

From: ProSapien Sam Smith <sam@prosapien.com>
Sent: Monday, March 20, 2023 8:15 PM
To: Brent Zundel <Brent.Zundel@gendigital.com>
Cc: public-vc-wg@w3.org
Subject: Re: Chairs' decision on VC-ACDC Proposal

So much for a big tent. Given that the -1s came from those companies that directly benefit from vc-jwt only and not others, it seems that any rough consensus will be impossible in the future for any variant of a big tent.

Given that outcome, I can no longer support the consensus compromise we made in Miami. I withdraw my support for that compromise which was made with the full expectation that the vc-jwt was a precedent for more to come. I expect others will do the same.