From: Pierre-Anthony Lemieux [mailto:pal@sandflow.com]
Sent: Monday, October 2, 2017 9:02 AM
To: public-tt@w3.org
Subject: IMSCvNEXT kick-off + FPWD + liaisons

Good morning/evening,

I have pushed an initial Editor's Draft of IMSCvNEXT under the IMSCvNEXT branch [1].

[1] https://github.com/w3c/imsc/tree/IMSCvNEXT

The specification can be viewed at [2].

[2] https://rawgit.com/w3c/imsc/IMSCvNEXT/imsc1/spec/ttml-ww-profiles.html

The ED is based on the current requirements document [3].

[3] https://w3c.github.io/imsc-vnext-reqs/

As described at [3], IMSCvNEXT is intended to retain the scope of
IMSC1 while adding the minimal set of features necessary to support current practices for worldwide subtitling and captioning delivery.
>From a high-level, it looks like the bulk of the IMSCvNEXT
improvements will center around Japanese language, HDR and stereoscopic support.

As discussed during our last telecon, I suggest publishing a FPWD this week or next week and informing external organizations that the work has started.

Best,

-- Pierre

P.S.: It would be good to settle on a version number promptly, lest some folks call it vNEXT forever.