IMSCvNEXT kick-off + FPWD + liaisons

From: Pierre-Anthony Lemieux <pal@sandflow.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2017 09:01:40 -0700
To: "public-tt@w3.org" <public-tt@w3.org>
Good morning/evening,

I have pushed an initial Editor's Draft of IMSCvNEXT under the
IMSCvNEXT branch [1].

[1] https://github.com/w3c/imsc/tree/IMSCvNEXT

The specification can be viewed at [2].

[2] https://rawgit.com/w3c/imsc/IMSCvNEXT/imsc1/spec/ttml-ww-profiles.html

The ED is based on the current requirements document [3].

[3] https://w3c.github.io/imsc-vnext-reqs/

As described at [3], IMSCvNEXT is intended to retain the scope of
IMSC1 while adding the minimal set of features necessary to support
current practices for worldwide subtitling and captioning delivery.
>From a high-level, it looks like the bulk of the IMSCvNEXT
improvements will center around Japanese language, HDR and
stereoscopic support.

As discussed during our last telecon, I suggest publishing a FPWD this
week or next week and informing external organizations that the work
has started.

Best,

-- Pierre

P.S.: It would be good to settle on a version number promptly, lest
some folks call it vNEXT forever.