W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-tt@w3.org > October 2016

{agenda} TTWG Meeting 2016-10-27

From: Nigel Megitt <nigel.megitt@bbc.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2016 14:23:59 +0000
To: W3C Public TTWG <public-tt@w3.org>
Message-ID: <D4367B08.2E301%nigel.megitt@bbc.co.uk>
This meeting is scheduled for up to 90m. Please be ready for a prompt start at 10:03am Boston time.

Not this week, but next week, some countries will no longer be in DST. Check your diaries!

Our teleconference is scheduled with reference to Boston Time, the correct time of this teleconference in your locale may change.

Please check http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20161027T10&p1=43

Thursdays 10:03am-11:30am (or 12:00pm for 2 hour meetings) Boston local

Joining details:

see https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-tt/2016Oct/0009.html

Agenda+ Assign Roles

Chairs: Nigel Megitt

Scribe: usually Nigel – open to offers!

Regrets:

Activity since last meeting:
See individual agenda items for recent activity on specific products

Cross-product TTWG board: http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/board/
We are still using tracker for actions unrelated to issues.
Please do not add or modify issues in tracker!

IMSC: https://github.com/w3c/imsc/pulse
TTML1: https://github.com/w3c/ttml1/pulse
TTML2: https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/pulse
TTML Profile Registry: https://github.com/w3c/tt-profile-registry/pulse
TTML-WebVTT mapping: https://github.com/w3c/ttml-webvtt-mapping/pulse
WebVTT: https://github.com/w3c/webvtt/pulse

Agenda+ Prioritise discussion for this meeting and look ahead

Check-point for order of topics – I'd suggest, subject to reordering:
1. F2F Meeting planning
2. IMSC
3. TTML2 issues, actions, PRs etc
4. Profile registry
5. TTML and WebVTT mapping document
6. Progress on HTMLCue proposal
7. Unicode liaison
8. WebVTT comments
9. AOB – please notify of any other AOB now!


Reminder re future milestones and meetings:

November Meetings:

1st November: draft (last) TTML2 Working Draft
Thursday 3rd November: TTWG phone meeting 1.5 hours
Thursday 10th November: TTWG phone meeting 1.5 hours
Thursday 17th November: TTWG phone meeting 1 hour
Thursday 24th November: TTWG phone meeting 1 hour

Further ahead:

Thursday 1st December: TTWG phone meeting 1 hour
Thursday 8th December: TTWG phone meeting 1 hour
Thursday 15th December: TTWG phone meeting 1 hour
Thursday 22nd December: TTWG phone meeting 1 hour
Thursday 29th December: No meeting
Thursday 5th January: No meeting

IMSC 2 and TTML2 publication events: see the timeline of upcoming work at https://www.w3.org/wiki/TimedText/Publications#Timeline_of_TTML2_and_IMSC2_work


Agenda+ F2F Meeting

ID      State   Title   Person  Due Date        Associated with
ACTION-482<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/482>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/482/edit>     pending review  Propose 12 and 13 jan to ttwg for a f2f meeting in london<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/482> Nigel Megitt    2016-10-20

NB Action-483 to create the wiki page has been closed.

Wiki page moved to http://www.w3.org/wiki/TimedText/F2F-jan-2017

Agenda+ IMSC

ID      State   Title   Person  Due Date        Associated with
ACTION-479<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/479>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/479/edit>     pending review  Refactor the imsc repository in preparation for future versions of imsc.<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/479>  Pierre-Anthony Lemieux  2016-09-26      TTML IMSC 2.0<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/products/10>
ID      State   Title   Person  Due Date        Associated with
ACTION-478<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/478>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/478/edit>     open    Draft a liaison to hbbtv requesting further information and proposing an option e.g. to extend imsc 1 to allow signalling of background height on span, and request timelines etc.<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/478>        Nigel Megitt    2016-09-26      TTML IMSC 1.0<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/products/7>
ID      State   Title   Person  Due Date        Associated with
ACTION-484<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/484>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/484/edit>     open    Draft a response liaison to dvb thanking them for incoming and requesting more details re timeline<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/484>        Pierre-Anthony Lemieux  2016-10-27

Merged pull requests: None
Open pull requests: Prepare repo to hold next version of IMSC<https://github.com/w3c/imsc/pull/186>
New issues: none

Editor's draft is directly viewable at https://rawgit.com/w3c/imsc1/master/spec/ttml-ww-profiles.html
IMSC Implementation Page: https://www.w3.org/wiki/TimedText/IMSC1_implementation_page.

Agenda+ TTML1 & TTML2 issues, actions, PRs, editorial actions etc

ID      State   Title   Person  Due Date        Associated with
ACTION-443<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/443>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/443/edit>     open    Prepare a document showing mapping arib ruby extension features to ttml2 for use as a liaison document to arib.<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/443>   Glenn Adams     2016-08-26      TTML2<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/products/4>
ACTION-462<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/462>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/462/edit>     open    Create issue on ttml2 to add "mapping from other versions and profiles of ttml"<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/462>   Glenn Adams     2016-04-28      TTML2<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/products/4>
ACTION-480<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/480>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/480/edit>     open    Request schedule time for horizontal review of ttml2<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/480>      Thierry Michel  2016-09-26      TTML2<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/products/4>
ACTION-481<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/481>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/481/edit>     open    Provide nigel with a list of new features in ttml2 to begin reviewing<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/481>     Glenn Adams     2016-09-26      TTML2<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/products/4>

Merged Pull Requests: Add informative appendix summarizing vocabulary changes from TTML1 (#…<https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/pull/204>; Specify semantics of tts:direction when applied to p element (#142).<https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/pull/205>; Specify semantics of fraction time expression component; deprecate of…<https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/pull/206>; Issue 0148 clarify visibility hidden<https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/pull/207>; Issue 0152 broken reference<https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/pull/208>; Issue 0153 disparity quantization note<https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/pull/209>.
Open Pull Requests: Issue 0193 add examples of ja features<https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/pull/202>.
Closed Issues: Add summary of changes wrt TTML1<https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues/154>; Add support for font shear<https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues/126>; The tts:direction property should apply independently to paragraph (p)<https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues/142>; Use of fractional seconds in clock-time expression in smpte mode<https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues/165>; Role parameters support<https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues/9>; Regarding smpte:information (source material information)<https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues/59>; Prefer end to dur on generated out-of-line regions<https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues/105>; Clarify that tts:visibility hidden on ancestor doesn't prevent visible on descendant<https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues/148>; Clarify that tts:visibility hidden on ancestor doesn't prevent visible on descendant<https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues/148>; Disparity "closest supported value" language misleading<https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues/153>
New Issues: Add examples of new features commonly used with Japanese content (2 of 2)<https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues/203>; Two value percentage fontSize not fully defined<https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues/200>.
Discussed Issues: Two value percentage fontSize not fully defined<https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues/200>; Embedded graphics don't fully meet requirement<https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues/141>; Add support for Audio Description requirements<https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues/195>.

Current open issues: https://github.com/w3c/ttml1/issues and https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues

See spreadsheet of editorial actions at https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/blob/master/spec/ednotes.xlsx

Edit/build instructions now in README in ttml2/spec/ at https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/blob/master/spec/README.md

More volunteers welcomed!

TTML Change Proposals – progress and review

Change Proposal Index is at http://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/ChangeProposalIndex

The current priority 2 CPs (needs to be complete before WD for Wide Review) are:

5       OPEN    2       Jerry Smith     TTML2   HTML5 Mapping semantics<https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal005>
7       OPEN    2       Pierre-Anthony Lemieux  TTML2   3D extensions<https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal007>
9       OPEN    2       Pierre-Anthony Lemieux  IMSC2   Complexity model<https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal009>
11      OPEN    2       Pierre-Anthony Lemieux  TTML2   Metadata vocab<https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal011>
15      OPEN    2       Glenn Adams     TTML2   Style.CSS additions<https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal015>
17      OPEN    2       Glenn Adams     TTML2   Style.Defaults<https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal017>
19      OPEN    2       Glenn Adams     TTML2   Style.Syntax fixes<https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal019>
21      OPEN    2       Pierre-Anthony Lemieux  TTML2   Typography.I18n<https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal021>
25      OPEN    2       Nigel Megitt    TTML2   Distribution<https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal025>


Agenda+ Profiles registry.

Working Group Note published at https://www.w3.org/TR/ttml-profile-registry/

We plan to revisit the profiles registry in mid-November to resolve any outstanding issues

Merged pull request: n<https://github.com/w3c/tt-profile-registry/pull/27>one
Open pull requests: Add section 4 descriptions<https://github.com/w3c/tt-profile-registry/pull/28>; Update index.html<https://github.com/w3c/tt-profile-registry/pull/30>
Closed issues: none
New issue: none

https://github.com/w3c/tt-profile-registry
http://w3c.github.io/tt-profile-registry/

https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/ProfileRegistry

Agenda+ TTML and WebVTT Mapping Document

Editor's Draft is at http://w3c.github.io/ttml-webvtt-mapping/

Agenda+ HTMLCue proposal progress update.

ID      State   Title   Person  Due Date        Associated with
ACTION-441<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/441>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/441/edit>     open    Kick off the analysis work on the vttcue carrying html idea.<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/441>      Andreas Tai     2015-11-05


See https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2016Apr/0012.html for further information on this, this week.

Also HTML import and HTMLCue?<https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2016Sep/0003.html> email from 2016-09-06.

[placeholder agenda item]

Agenda+ Unicode liaison.

Unicode ticket is at http://unicode.org/cldr/trac/ticket/8915

Note that this was updated after IMSC 1 Recommendation publication as per Action-457.

[placeholder agenda item]

Agenda+ WebVTT review feedback

ID      State   Title   Person  Due Date        Associated with
ACTION-396<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/396>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/396/edit>     open    Produce evidence of request for wide review for webvtt, for the archive<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/396>   David Singer    2015-04-17      WebVTT 1.0<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/products/8>
ACTION-473<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/473>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/473/edit>     open    Contact co-chairs and essential parties on how to move forward on vtt; need an action plan<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/473>        Thierry Michel  2016-06-30      WebVTT 1.0<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/products/8>

Discussion on WebVTT review feedback and next steps.

WebVTT Wide review wiki page: https://www.w3.org/wiki/WebVTT_Wide_Review

Open Pull requests: Add a section that explains the CSS extensions to authors.<https://github.com/w3c/webvtt/pull/317>; Fix #270: Add classes to specify text colour<https://github.com/w3c/webvtt/pull/279>; Add requirements for region identifier to exist.<https://github.com/w3c/webvtt/pull/201>.<https://github.com/w3c/webvtt/pull/201>
New issues: Live captioning - incremental cues review <https://github.com/w3c/webvtt/issues/320> ; Live captioning - JS API review<https://github.com/w3c/webvtt/issues/319>; New Feature: start addressing live captioning<https://github.com/w3c/webvtt/issues/318>; CR bug: support scrolling for vertically rendered text<https://github.com/w3c/webvtt/issues/316>.
Closed issues: none
Recently discussed issues: Add a section that explains the CSS extensions to authors.<https://github.com/w3c/webvtt/pull/317>; incomplete ruby implementation [I18N-ISSUE-431]<https://github.com/w3c/webvtt/issues/264>; Missing internal file-wide language declaration<https://github.com/w3c/webvtt/issues/259>; Expose the fallback language in the API<https://github.com/w3c/webvtt/issues/258>; Consider adding 'ruby-align' as a supported CSS property<https://github.com/w3c/webvtt/issues/265>; CR bug: support scrolling for vertically rendered text<https://github.com/w3c/webvtt/issues/316>; Support character escapes in classes (<c.foo&amp;bar>)<https://github.com/w3c/webvtt/issues/251>; Roll-up regions and ruby incompatible?<https://github.com/w3c/webvtt/issues/250>

Agenda+ AOB

References

Wiki http://www.w3.org/wiki/TimedText
Received on Wednesday, 26 October 2016 14:24:26 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Thursday, 5 October 2017 18:24:32 UTC