W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-tt@w3.org > February 2016

{agenda} TTWG Meeting 2016-02-04 [30 minutes later than usual]

From: Nigel Megitt <nigel.megitt@bbc.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2016 12:27:00 +0000
To: TTWG <public-tt@w3.org>
Message-ID: <D2D7A28D.33E48%nigel.megitt@bbc.co.uk>
This meeting is scheduled for up to 60m. Please be ready for a prompt start at 10:33am Boston time.

Apologies for the late notice in pushing the start time 30 minutes later.

Our teleconference is scheduled with reference to Boston Time, the correct time of this teleconference in your locale may change.

Please check http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20160204T1030&p1=43


Thursdays 10:03am-11:00am (or 12:00pm for 2 hour meetings) Boston local

This week only: 10:33am-11:30am Boston Local.

IRC details:

server: irc.w3.org, port: 6665, channel: #tt Web gateway to: http://www.w3.org/2001/01/cgi-irc

Webex details:

Webex meeting details have been moved to a separate member-only email – see below.
Non-member Invited Experts: please contact me directly for joining details if you do not already have them.

To join the online meeting
1. Go to the link that members can find at https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-tt/2015Oct/0012.html

2. If requested, enter your name and email address.
3. If a password is required, enter the meeting password (from above linked email)
4. Click "Join".

To join the audio conference only
To receive a call back, provide your phone number when you join the meeting, or call the number below and enter the access code.
US Toll Number: +1-617-324-0000
Access code: see https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-tt/2015Oct/0012.html
Mobile Auto Dial: +1-617-324-0000,,,[number from email above]#

Present list
In order to list people attending the call in the minutes, each participant should type present+ <name> in the irc channel immediately
upon joining the call. This will be picked up by RRSAgent and included in the minutes. The agent quirkily doesn't accept spaces in names, so either use a single word nickname or separate the words in your name with an underscore.

For assistance
1. Go to https://mit.webex.com/mit/mc

2. On the left navigation bar, click "Support".

For best practices with webex
https://www.w3.org/2006/tools/wiki/WebExBestPractices



Agenda+ Assign Roles

Chair: Nigel Megitt

Scribe: [to assign during meeting]

Regrets: Frans

Activity since last meeting:
IMSC 1 CR3 published at https://www.w3.org/TR/ttml-imsc1/;

First draft Profile Registry Note at http://w3c.github.io/tt-profile-registry/ (repo at https://github.com/w3c/tt-profile-registry);
Discussion of TTML2 features including <initial> element;
Discussion of how we work with github;
IMSC 1 Implementation Report added by Skynav;
Actions: none;
Issues: IMSC #146<https://github.com/w3c/imsc/issues/146>, #147<https://github.com/w3c/imsc/issues/147>, #148<https://github.com/w3c/imsc/issues/148>, #150<https://github.com/w3c/imsc/issues/150>, #151<https://github.com/w3c/imsc/issues/151>;
Cross-product TTWG board: http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/board/
We are still using tracker for actions unrelated to issues.
Please do not add or modify issues in tracker!

Recent activity on deliverables:
Pull Requests: (WebVTT pull requests handled offline)
IMSC: Address #138 (missing ttp:profile in examples)<https://github.com/w3c/imsc/pull/144>, Addresses #151 ("Add TTV/TTXV test files")<https://github.com/w3c/imsc/pull/152>, Addresses #148 (Change profile signalling in files with ebu-tt-d extensions)<https://github.com/w3c/imsc/pull/149>, Addresses #136 ("Documents that have no content may be conformant to both profiles")<https://github.com/w3c/imsc/pull/139>, Address #131 through #133<https://github.com/w3c/imsc/pull/145>;
TTML2: no-issue commits made directly to ED on Jan 30; Add Media Timing Semantics<https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/pull/143> PR open;
WebVTT: 4 PRs: discussion via github

IMSC: https://github.com/w3c/imsc/pulse
TTML1: https://github.com/w3c/ttml1/pulse
TTML2: https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/pulse
TTML-WebVTT mapping: https://github.com/w3c/ttml-webvtt-mapping/pulse
WebVTT: https://github.com/w3c/webvtt/pulse

Agenda+ Prioritise discussion for this meeting and look ahead

Check-point for order of topics – I'd suggest, subject to reordering:
1. Action Items
2. IMSC 1 – Test Files, Issues, Test Suite and Implementation Report etc
3. TTML and WebVTT mapping document
4. Progress on HTMLCue proposal
5. Unicode liaison
6. Profile registry
7. Issues
8. WebVTT comments
9. TTML2 Editorial actions
10. TTML Versions note
11. Change proposals
12. AOB – please notify of any other AOB now!


Reminder re future milestones and meetings:

February Meetings:
Thursday 11th February: TTWG phone meeting 1 hour
Thursday 18th February: TTWG phone meeting 1 hour
Thursday 25th February: TTWG phone meeting 1 hour

Further ahead:

IMSC and TTML2 publication events: see the timeline of upcoming work at https://www.w3.org/wiki/TimedText/Publications#Timeline_of_IMSC1.2C_TTML2_and_IMSC2_work

March Meetings:
Thursday 3rd March: TTWG phone meeting 1 hour
Thursday 10th March: TTWG phone meeting 1 hour
Thursday 17th March: TTWG phone meeting 1 hour
Thursday 24th March: TTWG phone meeting 1 hour
Thursday 31st March: TTWG phone meeting 1 hour

Agenda+ Action items

Action items overdue:
ID      State   Title   Person  Due Date        Associated with
ACTION-364<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/364>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/364/edit>     open    Add paragraph in intro that summarizes changes from ttml1 (comment from tm)<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/364>       Glenn Adams     2015-04-17      TTML2<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/products/4>
ACTION-383<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/383>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/383/edit>     open    Missing XML declaration<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/383>   Glenn Adams     2015-04-30      TTML 1.0<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/products/1>
ACTION-384<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/384>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/384/edit>     open    Ensure consistency in ttml2 w.r.t. inline progression dimension vs direction<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/384>      Glenn Adams     2015-04-16      TTML2<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/products/4>
ACTION-386<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/386>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/386/edit>     open    Investigate whether region style inheritance from tt is necessary given the ability to redefine initial values<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/386>    Glenn Adams     2015-04-17      TTML2<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/products/4>
ACTION-396<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/396>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/396/edit>     open    Produce evidence of request for wide review for webvtt, for the archive<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/396>   David Singer    2015-04-17      WebVTT 1.0<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/products/8>
ACTION-404<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/404>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/404/edit>     open    Add note to issue 341 to reflect his current thinking<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/404>     Glenn Adams     2015-06-11      ISSUE-341<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/341>
ACTION-429<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/429>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/429/edit>     open    Draft a wg note for the profile short name registry and ttml media type registration<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/429>      Mike Dolan      2015-10-08
ACTION-439<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/439>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/439/edit>     open    Use of generic font family name "serif" should be allowed<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/439> Andreas Tai     2015-11-01      Generic font-family names in TVTT<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/435>
ACTION-441<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/441>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/441/edit>     open    Kick off the analysis work on the vttcue carrying html idea.<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/441>      Andreas Tai     2015-11-05
ACTION-442<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/442>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/442/edit>     open    Add an issue to ttml2 for ensuring plain text accessibility<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/442>       Nigel Megitt    2015-11-05
ACTION-443<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/443>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/443/edit>     open    Prepare a document showing mapping arib ruby extension features to ttml2 for use as a liaison document to arib.<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/443>   Glenn Adams     2015-11-05
ACTION-447<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/447>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/447/edit>     open    Send pierre the list of which scripts are simple and which are complex.<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/447>   Glenn Adams     2015-11-06
ACTION-455<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/455>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/455/edit>     open    Update ttml2 spec/readme to include config for keyword replacement.<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/455>       Glenn Adams     2016-01-28

Agenda+ IMSC Test Files, Issues, Test Suite and Implementation Report etc

Review PRs relating to test suite.

Editor's draft is directly viewable at https://rawgit.com/w3c/imsc1/master/spec/ttml-ww-profiles.html

IMSC test suite and Implementation Report https://www.w3.org/wiki/TimedText/IMSC1_Implementation_Report.


We will continue to work on issue #111<https://github.com/w3c/imsc/issues/111>, issue #114<https://github.com/w3c/imsc/issues/114> etc. If we are quorate for a discussion on this issue I would like to discuss it in a continuing effort to do everything we can to resolve it with consensus.

There may be other open IMSC 1 issues that we can usefully discuss alongside this, including some opened recently and the pull request – see the pulse link above, or query github directly. These generally are focused on how to direct processors to know what flavour of document they are being asked to process, whether in-band or out-of-band, and what the fallback behaviours should be. Offline comments directly on the issues in github are of course welcome.

Agenda+ TTML and WebVTT Mapping Document

Editor's Draft is at https://rawgit.com/w3c/ttml-webvtt-mapping/master/mappingbetweenTTMLandWebVTTW3C.html


Agenda+ HTMLCue proposal progress update.

[placeholder agenda item]

Agenda+ Unicode liaison.

Unicode ticket is at http://unicode.org/cldr/trac/ticket/8915


[placeholder agenda item]

Agenda+ Profiles registry.

https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/ProfileRegistry


Thread beginning at https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2015Aug/0036.html


Agenda+ Issues

See pulse links at the top for a quick view into the active issues.

Agenda+ WebVTT review feedback

Placeholder for discussion on WebVTT review feedback.

Agenda+ Note on TTML versions

Draft at https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/ttml/raw-file/5ee90ec0d897/ttml-status/index.html

Reminder to all to review this and provide feedback to Cyril.

Agenda+ TTML2 editorial actions

See spreadsheet of actions at https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/blob/master/spec/ednotes.xlsx


Edit/build instructions now in README in ttml2/spec/ at https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/blob/master/spec/README.md


How do we replace keywords replacement from Mercurial for building TTML2?

More volunteers welcomed!

Agenda+ Change Proposals – progress and review

Change Proposal Index is at http://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/ChangeProposalIndex


The current priority 2 CPs (needs to be complete before WD for Wide Review) are:

5       OPEN    2       Jerry Smith     TTML2   HTML5 Mapping semantics<https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal005>
7       OPEN    2       Pierre-Anthony Lemieux  TTML2   3D extensions<https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal007>
9       OPEN    2       Pierre-Anthony Lemieux  IMSC2   Complexity model<https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal009>
11      OPEN    2       Pierre-Anthony Lemieux  TTML2   Metadata vocab<https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal011>
15      OPEN    2       Glenn Adams     TTML2   Style.CSS additions<https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal015>
17      OPEN    2       Glenn Adams     TTML2   Style.Defaults<https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal017>
19      OPEN    2       Glenn Adams     TTML2   Style.Syntax fixes<https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal019>
21      OPEN    2       Pierre-Anthony Lemieux  TTML2   Typography.I18n<https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal021>
25      OPEN    2       Nigel Megitt    TTML2   Distribution<https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal025>

Agenda+ AOB

References

Wiki http://www.w3.org/wiki/TimedText


Received on Wednesday, 3 February 2016 12:27:40 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 17:43:58 UTC