W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-tt@w3.org > June 2015

{agenda} TTWG Meeting 2015-06-04

From: Nigel Megitt <nigel.megitt@bbc.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2015 16:22:50 +0000
To: TTWG <public-tt@w3.org>
Message-ID: <D194E862.2135C%nigel.megitt@bbc.co.uk>
This meeting is scheduled for up to 60m. Please be ready for a prompt start at 10:03am Boston time.

Our teleconference is scheduled with reference to Boston Time, the correct time of this teleconference in your locale may change.

Please check http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20150604T10&p1=43

Thursdays 10:03am-11:00pm Boston local

Zakim Bridge +1.617.761.6200, conference 8865 ("TTML")
IRC: server: irc.w3.org, port: 6665, channel: #tt Web gateway to: http://www.w3.org/2001/01/cgi-irc

NB W3C is transitioning group meetings from Zakim to Webex in early July, for audio connectivity - we will continue to use IRC for logging and minutes. We plan to try Webex on June 11.

Agenda+ Assign Roles

Chair: Nigel Megitt

Scribe: [to assign during meeting]

Regrets: Andreas

Activity since last meeting (which was more recent than usual!):
Actions: Action-396;
Issues discussed: Issue-265, Issue-341;
Issues raised: none;
Changes to wiki;
Question regarding pruning of content elements based on the Intermediate Synchronic Document Construction ;
Questionnaire for updating /TR Style Sheets for 2016;
IMSC review comments;
TTML2 system model editorial change;
TPAC schedule.

Agenda+ Prioritise discussion for this meeting and look ahead

Check-point for order of topics – I'd suggest:
1. Action Items
2. Issues
3. IMSC 1 CR2 comments
4. IMSC Test Suite and Implementation Report
5. WebVTT comments
6. TTML2 Editorial actions
7. TTML Versions note
8. Change proposals
9. AOB – please notify of any other AOB now!
9a. TPAC 2015 schedule [8]
9b. Question regarding pruning of content elements
9c. Questionnaire regarding stylesheets and authoring tools [9]
9d. Progress on HTMLCue proposal?

Reminder re future milestones and meetings:

Further ahead:

IMSC and TTML2 publication events: see the timeline of upcoming work at [1].

June Meetings:
Thursday 11th June: TTWG phone meeting 1 hour
Thursday 18th June: TTWG phone meeting 1 hour (Nigel on vacation – chair tbc)
Thursday 25th June: TTWG phone meeting 1 hour (Nigel on vacation – chair tbc)

July Meetings:
Thursday 2nd July: TTWG phone meeting 1 hour
Thursday 9th July: TTWG phone meeting 1 hour
Thursday 16th July: TTWG phone meeting 1 hour (Nigel on vacation – chair tbc)
Thursday 23rd July: TTWG phone meeting 1 hour
Thursday 30th July: TTWG phone meeting 1 hour

Agenda+ Action items

Action items overdue
ID      State   Title   Person  Due Date        Associated with
ACTION-364<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/364>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/364/edit>     open    Add paragraph in intro that summarizes changes from ttml1 (comment from tm)<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/364>       Glenn Adams     2015-04-17      TTML2<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/products/4>
ACTION-383<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/383>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/383/edit>     open    Missing XML declaration<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/383>   Glenn Adams     2015-04-30      TTML 1.0<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/products/1>
ACTION-384<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/384>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/384/edit>     open    Ensure consistency in ttml2 w.r.t. inline progression dimension vs direction<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/384>      Glenn Adams     2015-04-16      TTML2<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/products/4>
ACTION-386<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/386>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/386/edit>     open    Investigate whether region style inheritance from tt is necessary given the ability to redefine initial values<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/386>    Glenn Adams     2015-04-17      TTML2<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/products/4>

NB Actions 387, 388, 395 and 396 are in their relevant sections below.

Agenda+ Issues

Issues discussed:

Bad tests       OPEN    Some bad tests<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/265>     2013-07-26      TTML 1.0 Test Suite     0
ISSUE-341<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/341>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/341/edit>        OPEN    ambiguous definition for determination of descendant region identifier<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/341>     2014-08-27      TTML 1.0        0

There are no Pending Review Issues

There are 52 open issues listed in the system.

Open Issues relating to Action-369 and Action- 378 (SMPTE)

3D text placement       OPEN    Support text placement in 3D coordinate spaces (not zIndex compositing).<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/224>   2013-05-30      TTML2

Individual character rotation   OPEN    Individual character rotation<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/231>      2013-05-30      TTML2

Agenda+ IMSC CR2

IMSC 1 CR2 is now published at [2].

Feedback was received this week at [10].

Agenda+ IMSC Test Suite and Implementation Report

ACTION-387<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/387>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/387/edit>     open    Collate list of potential implementors of imsc 1.<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/387> Pierre-Anthony Lemieux  2015-04-17      TTML 1.0 Test Suite<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/products/2>
ACTION-388<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/388>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/388/edit>     open    Start preparing the imsc 1 implementation report form.<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/388>    Thierry Michel  2015-04-17      TTML 1.0 Test Suite<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/products/2>

IMSC test suite and Implementation Report [3].
See also review analysis [4].

Agenda+ Note on TTML versions

Draft at [5].
Reminder to all to review this and provide feedback to Cyril. This note is now a product in the tracker so issues can be raised on it directly.

Agenda+ WebVTT review feedback

ACTION-395<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/395>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/395/edit>     open    Chase the accessibility wg for a date for getting webvtt feedback<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/395> Thierry Michel  2015-04-17      WebVTT 1.0<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/products/8>
ACTION-396<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/396>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/396/edit>     open    Produce evidence of request for wide review for webvtt, for the archive<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/396>   David Singer    2015-04-17      WebVTT 1.0<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/products/8>

Placeholder for discussion on WebVTT review feedback.

Agenda+ TTML2 editorial actions

See spreadsheet of actions at [6]. More volunteers welcomed!

The ed note on System Model has been removed and the section edited (ED not yet regenerated).

Agenda+ Change Proposals – progress and review

Change Proposal Index is at [7].

The current priority 2 CPs (needs to be complete before WD for Wide Review) are:

5       OPEN    2       Jerry Smith     TTML2   HTML5 Mapping semantics<https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal005>
7       OPEN    2       Pierre-Anthony Lemieux  TTML2   3D extensions<https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal007>
9       OPEN    2       Pierre-Anthony Lemieux  IMSC2   Complexity model<https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal009>
11      OPEN    2       Pierre-Anthony Lemieux  TTML2   Metadata vocab<https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal011>
15      OPEN    2       Glenn Adams     TTML2   Style.CSS additions<https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal015>
17      OPEN    2       Glenn Adams     TTML2   Style.Defaults<https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal017>
19      OPEN    2       Glenn Adams     TTML2   Style.Syntax fixes<https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal019>
21      OPEN    2       Pierre-Anthony Lemieux  TTML2   Typography.I18n<https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal021>
25      OPEN    2       Nigel Megitt    TTML2   Distribution<https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal025>

Agenda+ AOB


[1] Timeline of upcoming work https://www.w3.org/wiki/TimedText/Publications#Timeline_of_IMSC1.2C_TTML2_and_IMSC2_work

[2] Second CR for IMSC1 http://www.w3.org/TR/2015/CR-ttml-imsc1-20150519/

[3] IMSC 1 Implementation report https://www.w3.org/wiki/TimedText/IMSC1_Implementation_Report

[4] Test suite review https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2015Mar/0016.html

[5] Draft of Note on TTML versions https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/ttml/raw-file/5ee90ec0d897/ttml-status/index.html

[6] Spreadsheet of TTML2 editorial actions https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/ttml/raw-file/tip/ttml2/spec/ednotes.xlsx

[7] Change Proposals at http://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/ChangeProposalIndex

[8] TPAC 2015 schedule https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2015May/0030.html

[9] /TR Style Sheet questions https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2015Jun/0005.html

[10] Feedback on IMSC 1 https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2015Jun/0001.html

Tracker http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/trackerTTML

Wiki http://www.w3.org/wiki/TimedText


This e-mail (and any attachments) is confidential and may contain personal views which are not the views of the BBC unless specifically stated.
If you have received it in error, please delete it from your system.
Do not use, copy or disclose the information in any way nor act in reliance on it and notify the sender immediately.
Please note that the BBC monitors e-mails sent or received.
Further communication will signify your consent to this.

Received on Wednesday, 3 June 2015 16:23:22 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Thursday, 5 October 2017 18:24:22 UTC