Publication of WEBVTT CG draft as a first public WD

From: Thierry MICHEL <tmichel@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2014 19:14:23 +0200
To: Nigel Megitt <nigel.megitt@bbc.co.uk>, W3C Public TTWG <public-tt@w3.org>
Nigel,

WebVTT is currently a Draft Community Group Report dated 08 September 2014
http://dev.w3.org/html5/webvtt/

Now that the TTWG is chartered to publish WebVTT 1.0 as a Rec, we should
publish this document as a First Public WD of the TTWG and have it on
REC track.

Publication of a First Public WD would allow the Communications Team to
issue a Call for Exclusions in accordance with the W3C Patent Policy.

Could you please add this topic to tomorrow agenda and we could discuss
it more if needed during our F2F in Geneva.

In order to publish this document as a First Public WD:

- We need to have TTWG to agree to move forward with a First Public WD
of WebVTT 1.0 and record this resolution.
- The document needs a bit of update at least for the SOTD section and
headers.
- We should agree on a short name like for example
http://www.w3.org/TR/webvtt1/
- We should also adopt the new 2014 W3C REC track process, is none objects.

Thierry