W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-tt@w3.org > September 2014

Re: {agenda} TTWG Meeting 11/9/2014

From: Glenn Adams <glenn@skynav.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2014 10:10:56 -0600
Message-ID: <CACQ=j+eiqJcxXmUv_-btAatk5wUBcyV4iZD_rv2ycaUERa2mBg@mail.gmail.com>
To: Nigel Megitt <nigel.megitt@bbc.co.uk>
Cc: Timed Text Working Group <public-tt@w3.org>
regrets, traveling tomorrow

On Wed, Sep 10, 2014 at 9:40 AM, Nigel Megitt <nigel.megitt@bbc.co.uk>
wrote:

>   *This meeting is scheduled for up to 60m. Please be ready for a prompt
> start at 10:03am Boston time. *
>
>  Our teleconference is scheduled with reference to Boston Time, the
> correct time of this teleconference in your locale may change.
>
>  Please check
> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140619T10&p1=43>
> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140710T10&p1=43>
> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140717T10&p1=43>
> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140724T10&p1=43>
> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140731T10&p1=43>
> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140807T10&p1=43>
> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140815T10&p1=43>
> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140814T10&p1=43>
> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140821T10&p1=43>
> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140904T10&p1=43>
> http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140911T10&p1=43
>
>  Thursdays 10:03am-11:00pm Boston local
>
>  Zakim Bridge +1.617.761.6200, conference 8865 ("TTML")
>  IRC: server: irc.w3.org, port: 6665, channel: #tt Web gateway to :
> http://www.w3.org/2001/01/cgi-irc
>
>  *Agenda+ Assign Roles*
>
>  *Chair: *Nigel Megitt
>
>  *Scribe: [to assign during meeting]*
>
>  *Regrets: *
>
>  *Activity since last meeting: *
>
> Actions: Action-324, Action-325;
> Issues discussed: none;
> Issues raised: Issue-344;
> IMSC 1 issues deadline passed;
> Encoding LCWD and TTML2 encoding discussion;
> Proposal to adopt W3C new process;
> Test cases call for format;
> Anyone joining at TPAC by telephone?
>
>   *Agenda+ Prioritise discussion for this meeting and look ahead*
>
>  Check-point for order of topics – I'd suggest:
>  1. Geneva F2F September
>  2. Santa Clara F2F October (TPAC)
>  3. Recommendation Process
>  4. Action Items
>   5. Issues - pending review first, then open and discussed, then open on
> IMSC 1 but not discussed
>  6. Planning for next change proposals to work on
>  7. AOB – please notify now!
>
>  Reminder re future milestones and meetings:
>
>  September 11th: TTWG phone meeting: 1 hour (regrets from Glenn and Mike)
>  September 18th: cancelled - just after our Geneva F2F
>  W/C September 22nd: TTML2 FPWD
>  September 25th: TTWG phone meeting: 2 Hours
>
>   Further ahead:
>  October 2nd: TTWG phone meeting: 1 hour
>  Wednesday 8 October: closure date for issues on TTML2 - any new feature
> issues beyond this point to be addressed after LC or in v.next.
> October 9th: TTWG phone meeting: 1 hour
>  October 15th: IMSC 1 version suitable for LC submission
>  October 16th: TTWG phone meeting: 1 hour
>  October 23rd: TTWG phone meeting: 1 hour
>  October 27th & 28th: TTWG F2F meeting at TPAC
>
>  *Agenda+ Geneva F2F September*
>
>  Agenda and attendee details are on the wiki at [1]. Other than adding
> the discussion of TTWG publication process changes there have been no
> agenda change requests so far – last chance is now, prior to meeting on
> Tuesday!
>
>   *Agenda+ Santa Clara F2F October (TPAC)*
>
>  Wiki page is at [2]. Currently empty. (Needs an agenda, attendees etc.)
>
>  Main topic will be TTML2? IMSC 1 will be in LC at this point (details
> dependent on process discussion).
>
>  We need to request a Polycom phone if anyone wants to dial in; please
> let me know by Sep 21 at the latest.
>
>  *Agenda+ Action items pending review*
>
>    ID State Title Person Due Date Associated with   ACTION-325
> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/325>[image: (edit)]
> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/325/edit> pending review Check
> if respec has been updated for the 2014 w3c process
> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/325> Pierre-Anthony
> Lemieux 2014-09-11 TTML IMSC 1.0
> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/products/7>
>
>
>  *Agenda+ Action items overdue *
>
>    ID State Title Person Due Date Associated with   ACTION-234
> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/234>[image: (edit)]
> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/234/edit> open Explore
> box-decoration-break in response to issue-286
> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/234> Glenn Adams
> 2014-08-31   ACTION-236
> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/236>[image: (edit)]
> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/236/edit> open Review
> consistent use of "root temporal extent" in both ttml 2 and ttml 1 se
> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/236> Glenn Adams
> 2014-08-31   ACTION-286
> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/286>[image: (edit)]
> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/286/edit> open Send an
> email to public-tt describing the ttv hosting site at w3c
> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/286> Glenn Adams
> 2014-08-31   ACTION-287
> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/287>[image: (edit)]
> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/287/edit> open Elaborate
> on wording in §4 on namespace extension in ttml2 and as an errata to ttml1
> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/287> Glenn Adams
> 2014-08-31   ACTION-298
> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/298>[image: (edit)]
> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/298/edit> open Either
> proscribe or define semantics on specifying both @extends and @restricts on
> a ttp:{feature,ext3ension}
> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/298> Glenn Adams
> 2014-08-31   ACTION-320
> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/320>[image: (edit)]
> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/320/edit> open Review
> https://www.w3.org/wiki/ttml/codecsregistry w.r.t. recent ttml2 changes in
> profile definition mechanisms
> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/320> Glenn Adams
> 2014-08-21   ACTION-322
> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/322>[image: (edit)]
> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/322/edit> open Indicate
> preference for updating sdp-us for ttml2
> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/322> Jerry Smith
> 2014-08-21   ACTION-324
> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/324>[image: (edit)]
> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/324/edit> open Draft a
> note for imsc 1 progressivelydecodable to make concrete what authors should
> take into account <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/324> Pierre-Anthony
> Lemieux 2014-08-21
>
>  *Agenda+ Issues raised over the past week and open on IMSC 1*
>
>  Raised
>    ID State Title Raised on Product Open Actions   ISSUE-344
> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/344>[image: (edit)]
> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/344/edit>
> Note for unqualified attributes RAISED Add a clarification note
> expressing intent behind unqualified attribute names
> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/344> 2014-09-09 TTML2 0
>
>
>  The following issues are currently Open on IMSC 1 – no further
> non-editorial issues will be opened until the next transition point:
>    ID State Title Raised on Product Open Actions   ISSUE-307
> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/307>[image: (edit)]
> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/307/edit>
> Profile and conformance terminology OPEN Conformance language and
> processor profile rather than content profile.
> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/307> 2014-05-02 TTML
> IMSC 1.0 0  ISSUE-315
> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/315>[image: (edit)]
> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/315/edit>
> Maximum number of regions should be a processor constraint OPEN Maximum
> number of regions should be a processor constraint
> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/315> 2014-05-21 TTML
> IMSC 1.0 0  ISSUE-319
> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/319>[image: (edit)]
> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/319/edit>
> HRM should be a processor compliance test OPEN HRM should be a processor
> compliance test and allow different levels of complexity for different use
> cases <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/319> 2014-05-23 TTML
> IMSC 1.0 0  ISSUE-327
> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/327>[image: (edit)]
> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/327/edit>
> IMSC should meet W3C QA Framework Spec guidelines OPEN IMSC should meet
> W3C QA Framework Spec guidelines
> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/327> 2014-07-21 TTML
> IMSC 1.0 0  ISSUE-332
> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/332>[image: (edit)]
> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/332/edit>
> #cellResolution support OPEN #cellResolution support
> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/332> 2014-08-07 TTML
> IMSC 1.0 0  ISSUE-339
> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/339>[image: (edit)]
> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/339/edit>
> allow #overflow OPEN Allow the use of #overflow
> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/339> 2014-08-27 TTML
> IMSC 1.0 0  ISSUE-340
> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/340>[image: (edit)]
> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/340/edit>
> profile designator clarification OPEN Make clear that the use of the
> ttp:profile attribute is not required.
> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/340> 2014-08-27 TTML
> IMSC 1.0 0  ISSUE-342
> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/342>[image: (edit)]
> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/342/edit>
> add 2 ebutts elements OPEN Add ebutts:multiRowAlign and
> ebutts:linePadding attributes to the IMSC Text Profile
> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/342> 2014-09-03 TTML
> IMSC 1.0 0  ISSUE-343
> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/343>[image: (edit)]
> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/343/edit>
> non-IMSC/TTML elements OPEN Processing of non-IMSC/TTML namespace elements
> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/343> 2014-09-03 TTML
> IMSC 1.0 0
>
>
>   *Agenda+ Change Proposals – progress and review*
>
>   Change Proposal Index is at [3].
>
>  Our current priority 1 CPs are:
>   1 OPEN 1 Jerry Smith TTML2 Amendments to the set attribute
> <https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal001>  5 OPEN 1 Jerry Smith
> TTML2 HTML5 Mapping semantics
> <https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal005>  12 OPEN 1 Glenn Adams
> TTML2 Profile fixes <https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal012>  15
> OPEN 1 Glenn Adams TTML2 Style.CSS additions
> <https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal015>  16 OPEN 1 Glenn Adams
> TTML2 Style.Conditional <https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal016>
> 17 OPEN 1 Glenn Adams TTML2 Style.Defaults
> <https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal017>  19 OPEN 1 Glenn Adams
> TTML2 Style.Syntax fixes <https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal019>
> 24 OPEN 1 Glenn Adams TTML2 XML fixes
> <https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal024>  25 OPEN 1 Nigel Megitt
> TTML2 Distribution <https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal025>
>
>  Timeline for TTML2 updated in 14th August meeting.
>
>   W/C 22 September: TTML2 FPWD
> Wednesday 8 October: closure date for issues on TTML2 - any new feature
> issues beyond this point to be addressed after LC or in v.next.
> Monday 27th and Tuesday 28th October: TPAC F2F
> Thursday 20th November: all issues on TTML2 to be closed or deliberately
> postponed (to v.next or LC review stage).
> Wednesday 17th December: Last Call doc ready to request for publication.
>
>  *Agenda+ AOB*
>
>
>  *References*
>
>  [1] Geneva F2F wiki page with draft agenda
> https://www.w3.org/wiki/TimedText/geneva2014
> [2] Santa Clara F2F October (TPAC) wiki page
> http://www.w3.org/wiki/TimedText/tpac2014
> [3] Change Proposals at http://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/ChangeProposalIndex
> Tracker http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/trackerTTML
> Wiki http://www.w3.org/wiki/TimedText
>
>
Received on Wednesday, 10 September 2014 16:11:44 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Thursday, 5 October 2017 18:24:17 UTC