W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-tt@w3.org > September 2014

{agenda} TTWG Meeting 11/9/2014

From: Nigel Megitt <nigel.megitt@bbc.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2014 15:40:11 +0000
To: Timed Text Working Group <public-tt@w3.org>
Message-ID: <D0362F66.11486%nigel.megitt@bbc.co.uk>
This meeting is scheduled for up to 60m. Please be ready for a prompt start at 10:03am Boston time.

Our teleconference is scheduled with reference to Boston Time, the correct time of this teleconference in your locale may change.

Please check <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140619T10&p1=43> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140710T10&p1=43> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140717T10&p1=43> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140724T10&p1=43> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140731T10&p1=43> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140807T10&p1=43> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140815T10&p1=43> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140814T10&p1=43> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140821T10&p1=43> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140904T10&p1=43> http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140911T10&p1=43

Thursdays 10:03am-11:00pm Boston local

Zakim Bridge +1.617.761.6200, conference 8865 ("TTML")
IRC: server: irc.w3.org, port: 6665, channel: #tt Web gateway to :http://www.w3.org/2001/01/cgi-irc

Agenda+ Assign Roles

Chair: Nigel Megitt

Scribe: [to assign during meeting]


Activity since last meeting:
Actions: Action-324, Action-325;
Issues discussed: none;
Issues raised: Issue-344;
IMSC 1 issues deadline passed;
Encoding LCWD and TTML2 encoding discussion;
Proposal to adopt W3C new process;
Test cases call for format;
Anyone joining at TPAC by telephone?

Agenda+ Prioritise discussion for this meeting and look ahead

Check-point for order of topics – I'd suggest:
1. Geneva F2F September
2. Santa Clara F2F October (TPAC)
3. Recommendation Process
4. Action Items
5. Issues - pending review first, then open and discussed, then open on IMSC 1 but not discussed
6. Planning for next change proposals to work on
7. AOB – please notify now!

Reminder re future milestones and meetings:

September 11th: TTWG phone meeting: 1 hour (regrets from Glenn and Mike)
September 18th: cancelled - just after our Geneva F2F
W/C September 22nd: TTML2 FPWD
September 25th: TTWG phone meeting: 2 Hours

Further ahead:
October 2nd: TTWG phone meeting: 1 hour
Wednesday 8 October: closure date for issues on TTML2 - any new feature issues beyond this point to be addressed after LC or in v.next.
October 9th: TTWG phone meeting: 1 hour
October 15th: IMSC 1 version suitable for LC submission
October 16th: TTWG phone meeting: 1 hour
October 23rd: TTWG phone meeting: 1 hour
October 27th & 28th: TTWG F2F meeting at TPAC

Agenda+ Geneva F2F September

Agenda and attendee details are on the wiki at [1]. Other than adding the discussion of TTWG publication process changes there have been no agenda change requests so far – last chance is now, prior to meeting on Tuesday!

Agenda+ Santa Clara F2F October (TPAC)

Wiki page is at [2]. Currently empty. (Needs an agenda, attendees etc.)

Main topic will be TTML2? IMSC 1 will be in LC at this point (details dependent on process discussion).

We need to request a Polycom phone if anyone wants to dial in; please let me know by Sep 21 at the latest.

Agenda+ Action items pending review

ID      State   Title   Person  Due Date        Associated with
ACTION-325<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/325>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/325/edit>     pending review  Check if respec has been updated for the 2014 w3c process<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/325> Pierre-Anthony Lemieux  2014-09-11      TTML IMSC 1.0<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/products/7>

Agenda+ Action items overdue

ID      State   Title   Person  Due Date        Associated with
ACTION-234<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/234>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/234/edit>     open    Explore box-decoration-break in response to issue-286<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/234>     Glenn Adams     2014-08-31
ACTION-236<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/236>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/236/edit>     open    Review consistent use of "root temporal extent" in both ttml 2 and ttml 1 se<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/236>      Glenn Adams     2014-08-31
ACTION-286<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/286>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/286/edit>     open    Send an email to public-tt describing the ttv hosting site at w3c<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/286> Glenn Adams     2014-08-31
ACTION-287<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/287>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/287/edit>     open    Elaborate on wording in §4 on namespace extension in ttml2 and as an errata to ttml1<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/287>      Glenn Adams     2014-08-31
ACTION-298<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/298>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/298/edit>     open    Either proscribe or define semantics on specifying both @extends and @restricts on a ttp:{feature,ext3ension}<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/298>     Glenn Adams     2014-08-31
ACTION-320<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/320>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/320/edit>     open    Review https://www.w3.org/wiki/ttml/codecsregistry w.r.t. recent ttml2 changes in profile definition mechanisms<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/320>   Glenn Adams     2014-08-21
ACTION-322<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/322>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/322/edit>     open    Indicate preference for updating sdp-us for ttml2<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/322> Jerry Smith     2014-08-21
ACTION-324<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/324>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/324/edit>     open    Draft a note for imsc 1 progressivelydecodable to make concrete what authors should take into account<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/324>     Pierre-Anthony Lemieux  2014-08-21

Agenda+ Issues raised over the past week and open on IMSC 1

ID      State   Title   Raised on       Product Open Actions
Note for unqualified attributes RAISED  Add a clarification note expressing intent behind unqualified attribute names<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/344>      2014-09-09      TTML2   0

The following issues are currently Open on IMSC 1 – no further non-editorial issues will be opened until the next transition point:
ID      State   Title   Raised on       Product Open Actions
Profile and conformance terminology     OPEN    Conformance language and processor profile rather than content profile.<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/307>    2014-05-02      TTML IMSC 1.0   0
Maximum number of regions should be a processor constraint      OPEN    Maximum number of regions should be a processor constraint<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/315> 2014-05-21      TTML IMSC 1.0   0
HRM should be a processor compliance test       OPEN    HRM should be a processor compliance test and allow different levels of complexity for different use cases<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/319> 2014-05-23      TTML IMSC 1.0   0
IMSC should meet W3C QA Framework Spec guidelines       OPEN    IMSC should meet W3C QA Framework Spec guidelines<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/327>  2014-07-21      TTML IMSC 1.0   0
#cellResolution support OPEN    #cellResolution support<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/332>    2014-08-07      TTML IMSC 1.0   0
allow #overflow OPEN    Allow the use of #overflow<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/339> 2014-08-27      TTML IMSC 1.0   0
profile designator clarification        OPEN    Make clear that the use of the ttp:profile attribute is not required.<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/340>      2014-08-27      TTML IMSC 1.0   0
add 2 ebutts elements   OPEN    Add ebutts:multiRowAlign and ebutts:linePadding attributes to the IMSC Text Profile<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/342>        2014-09-03      TTML IMSC 1.0   0
non-IMSC/TTML elements  OPEN    Processing of non-IMSC/TTML namespace elements<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/343>     2014-09-03      TTML IMSC 1.0   0

Agenda+ Change Proposals – progress and review

Change Proposal Index is at [3].

Our current priority 1 CPs are:
1       OPEN    1       Jerry Smith     TTML2   Amendments to the set attribute<https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal001>
5       OPEN    1       Jerry Smith     TTML2   HTML5 Mapping semantics<https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal005>
12      OPEN    1       Glenn Adams     TTML2   Profile fixes<https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal012>
15      OPEN    1       Glenn Adams     TTML2   Style.CSS additions<https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal015>
16      OPEN    1       Glenn Adams     TTML2   Style.Conditional<https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal016>
17      OPEN    1       Glenn Adams     TTML2   Style.Defaults<https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal017>
19      OPEN    1       Glenn Adams     TTML2   Style.Syntax fixes<https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal019>
24      OPEN    1       Glenn Adams     TTML2   XML fixes<https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal024>
25      OPEN    1       Nigel Megitt    TTML2   Distribution<https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal025>

Timeline for TTML2 updated in 14th August meeting.

W/C 22 September: TTML2 FPWD
Wednesday 8 October: closure date for issues on TTML2 - any new feature issues beyond this point to be addressed after LC or in v.next.
Monday 27th and Tuesday 28th October: TPAC F2F
Thursday 20th November: all issues on TTML2 to be closed or deliberately postponed (to v.next or LC review stage).
Wednesday 17th December: Last Call doc ready to request for publication.

Agenda+ AOB


[1] Geneva F2F wiki page with draft agenda https://www.w3.org/wiki/TimedText/geneva2014

[2] Santa Clara F2F October (TPAC) wiki page http://www.w3.org/wiki/TimedText/tpac2014

[3] Change Proposals at http://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/ChangeProposalIndex

Tracker http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/trackerTTML

Wiki http://www.w3.org/wiki/TimedText

Received on Wednesday, 10 September 2014 15:40:43 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 17:43:40 UTC