Re: IMSC1 WD wide review and CR draft.

[adding PlH]

On 14/10/2014 17:50, Nigel Megitt wrote:
> Thierry,
>
> thanks for preparing this. For folk having trouble accessing the CR draft
> the correct link is:
>
> [1] http://www.w3.org/2014/09/WD-ttml-imsc1-20141014/Overview.html
>

> Exit Criteria
>
> The exit criteria stated here include a requirement for two independent
> interoperable implementations of each feature. Many times I've been told
> that there is no W3C process requirement for this criterion. So that we
> can make the best decision when choosing the appropriate exit criteria
> from this CR, please could you outline the options that we have here?

The "two independent interoperable implementations of each feature", is
the regular exit criteria, that most Draft go throught (at least with
the former 2005 Process). Note that each implementation does not
necessary covers all features.

If you want some different exit criteria, you will make your case to the
Director when requesting transition to CR.

This is what will be asked for transition to CR (new 2014 Process) about
Implementation:

- The group must document how adequate implementation experience will be
demonstrated. Are there tests or test suites available that will allow
the WG to demonstrate/evaluate that features have been implemented
(e.g., a matrix showing how different pieces or classes of software
implement different features)? Is the expectation to show two complete
implementations (e.g., there are two software instances, each of which
conforms) or to show that each feature is implemented twice in some
piece of software?
- What are the Group's plans for showing implementation of optional
features? In general, the Director expects mandatory features and
optional features that affect interoperability to be handled similarly.
Optional features that are truly optional (i.e., that do not affect
interoperability) may require less implementability testing.
- Does the WG have additional implementation experience that will help
demonstrate interoperability (e.g., has there been an interoperability
day or workshop? Is one planned?)?

> Review end date
>
> I'm unsure right now when we will /enter/ CR, but specifying an end date
> no sooner than 31 December may appear provocative to some, depending on
> how long the minimum review period ends up being, because it is during a
> time when many folk take holidays. It may be more appropriate to set the
> end date a little later (or even earlier), noting that we may hit a heavy
> period of comment reviews when we think about TTML2 as well - our
> timetable has the TTML2 pre-CR WD review period ending mid-January right
> now.

Remember that this is a minimum review date.
Per W3C process  it must be at least four weeks after publication.

http://www.w3.org/2014/Process-20140801/#candidate-rec

So depending on the CR publication, we will setup that date. It is a no
brainer.