re: [Fwd: [IANA #711352] Request for MIME media type Application/Standards Tree - ttml+xml]

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Dolan [mailto:mdolan@newtbt.com]
Sent: Friday, January 03, 2014 8:13 AM
To: 'Philippe Le Hegaret'; 'Glenn Adams'; Nigel Megitt <nigel.megitt@bbc.co.uk> (nigel.megitt@bbc.co.uk)
Subject: RE: [Fwd: [IANA #711352] Request for MIME media type Application/Standards Tree - ttml+xml]

Happy New Year!

The prose is substantively the same I think, and Unicode is indeed "binary".

"Encoding considerations" used to be a paragraph heading, not a property with a value.  There are many published examples using exactly our original text referencing RFC 3023.  But I see RFC 6838 (Jan 2013) now treats it as a property that must be set to one of 4 (and only 4) values:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6838

I'm fine with the proposed text and it's more in line with current registration requirements. If the reviewer had such specific thoughts, it would have been more efficient to tell us on the first or second review round. Oh well, hopefully this settles it.

Regards,

 Mike