TTWG Agenda for 5/12/13

This meeting is scheduled for up to 120m.

Our teleconference is scheduled with reference to Boston Time, the correct time of this teleconference in your locale may change.

Please check <> <>

Thursdays 10:00am-12:00am Boston local

Zakim Bridge +1.617.761.6200, conference 8865 ("TTML")

IRC: server:, port: 6665, channel: #tt Web gateway to :

Chair: Nigel Megitt

Theme: tidy up the actions (2)!

Agenda+ Assign Scribe

Activity since last meeting: IANA registration, external groups on charter (action-242), charter update, row padding (Issue-286), segmentation (issue-288).

Agenda+ IANA Registration

ID      State   Title   Person  Due Date        Associated with
ACTION-223<>[(edit)]<>       pending review  Find iana tracking number for resubmit of mime type registration<>   Philippe Le Hégaret     2013-10-24      TTML 1.0<>

ACTION-88<>[(edit)]<>  open    Make sure the TTML media type is properly registered for Issue-175.<> Philippe Le Hégaret     2013-10-31      TTML 1.0<>

ISSUE-175<>[(edit)]<>  CLOSED  media type and file extension not registered<>        2012-08-22      TTML 1.0

Agenda+ Charter [1], [2]

ACTION-241<>[(edit)]<>       open    Edit charter by next tuesday<>       Philippe Le Hégaret     2013-11-22

ACTION-242<>[(edit)]<>       open    Action mark_vickers to ask ig to provide input in external groups list in new charter<>      Nigel Megitt    2013-11-22

Agenda+ Actions pending review

ID      State   Title   Person  Due Date        Associated with
ACTION-245<>[(edit)]<>       pending review  Tell mike contact details for proceeding with iana registration<>    Philippe Le Hégaret     2013-11-28
ACTION-247<>[(edit)]<>       pending review  Send text version of tpac minutes to public list - tracker will then combine the issues and actions and associate them automatically.<>      Nigel Megitt    2013-11-28

Agenda+ Actions Overdue

ID      State   Title   Person  Due Date        Associated with

ACTION-141<>[(edit)]<>       open    Call for Action to identify discrepancies in TTML 1.0 on different profiles.<>       Glenn Adams     2013-02-14
ACTION-203<>[(edit)]<>       open    Investigate 708 border style mapping issues with mike's help<>       Glenn Adams     2013-09-26
ACTION-204<>[(edit)]<>       open    Add sideways{left,right} then close issue-159<>      Glenn Adams     2013-09-26
ACTION-206<>[(edit)]<>       open    Add agenda items for f2f to discuss targeted animation, inline vs out-of-line regions<>      Glenn Adams     2013-09-26
ACTION-207<>[(edit)]<>       open    Add round-down clarification to "closest" language, see issue-259<>  Glenn Adams     2013-09-26
ACTION-208<>[(edit)]<>       open    Add note to issue-275 linking to follow-on changelist which changed to 125% and made a note in ttml1<>       Glenn Adams     2013-09-26
ACTION-214<>[(edit)]<>       open    Review cp008 and consider reformulating the recently added <animate> support to better align<>       Glenn Adams     2013-10-10
ACTION-215<>[(edit)]<>       open    Specify special semantics for tts:{extent, origin} on content elements to map to new inline region feature<> Glenn Adams     2013-10-10
ACTION-219<>[(edit)]<>       open    Change to rec in ttml2, and add note to authors indicating that if author wants specific value, then they should specify specific value<>    Glenn Adams     2013-10-24
ACTION-220<>[(edit)]<>       open    Investigate actual css behavior further regarding whether line height of individual lines are affected by font size on line as opposed to maximum over paragraph<>   Pierre-Anthony Lemieux  2013-10-24      TTML2<>
ACTION-221<>[(edit)]<>       open    Double check spec language on css and xsl-fo around line height stacking strategy<>  Glenn Adams     2013-10-24
ACTION-224<>[(edit)]<>       open    Query mike on priority for issue-72<>        Pierre-Anthony Lemieux  2013-10-31      smooth scrolling<>
ACTION-225<>[(edit)]<>       open    Work with plh to update standalone profile docs for ttml1se<>        Glenn Adams     2013-10-31
ACTION-230<>[(edit)]<>       open    Get a review from pf sooner rather than later<>      Philippe Le Hégaret     2013-11-30
ACTION-232<>[(edit)]<>       open    Consider also defining @validation on ttp:profile, in addition to (override) tt:tt<> Glenn Adams     2013-11-18
ACTION-233<>[(edit)]<>       open    Reach out to css wg to understand potential mappinp of multirowalign to css<>        Glenn Adams     2013-11-18
ACTION-234<>[(edit)]<>       open    Explore box-decoration-break in response to issue-286<>      Glenn Adams     2013-11-18
ACTION-236<>[(edit)]<>       open    Review consistent use of "root temporal extent" in both ttml 2 and ttml 1 se<>       Glenn Adams     2013-11-18
ACTION-237<>[(edit)]<>       open    Review with cff folk<>       Pierre-Anthony Lemieux  2013-11-18
ACTION-238<>[(edit)]<>       open    Follow up on issue-295<>     Pierre-Anthony Lemieux  2013-11-18
ACTION-240<>[(edit)]<>       open    Consider the problem of the license change from cg to wg, with the ac and ab and staff<>     David Singer    2013-11-22
ACTION-242<>[(edit)]<>       open    Action mark_vickers to ask ig to provide input in external groups list in new charter<>      Nigel Megitt    2013-11-22
ACTION-243<>[(edit)]<>       open    Edit dsinger's proposed wording which captures the intent.<> Pierre-Anthony Lemieux  2013-11-22      Constrained code pages<>
ACTION-244<>[(edit)]<>       open    Proceed with work to investigate deltas. if time doesn't allow the fallback is to remove annex a.<>  Pierre-Anthony Lemieux  2013-11-22
ACTION-246<>[(edit)]<>       open    Take deliverables of draft charter to tag for scrutiny<>     Nigel Megitt    2013-11-28

Agenda+ Due next week actions

ID      State   Title   Person  Due Date        Associated with
ACTION-164<>[(edit)]<>       open    Investigate interop issues using CSS familyName constructs<> Jerry Smith     2013-12-05

Agenda+ Issues discussed over the last week

ID      State   Title   Raised on       Product Open Actions
rowPadding      OPEN    Extend the background area behind rendered text to improve readability<>      2013-10-23      TTML2   0
Document Segmentation   OPEN    Rules for splitting and accumulating documents<>      2013-10-23      TTML2   0

Agenda+ AOB


[1] Charter draft

[2] Charter diff

Tracker (Issues and Actions):

 TTML Wiki


This e-mail (and any attachments) is confidential and may contain personal views which are not the views of the BBC unless specifically stated.
If you have received it in error, please delete it from your system.
Do not use, copy or disclose the information in any way nor act in reliance on it and notify the sender immediately.
Please note that the BBC monitors e-mails sent or received.
Further communication will signify your consent to this.


Received on Wednesday, 4 December 2013 16:21:09 UTC