W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-tt@w3.org > November 2012

TTWG Meeting Minutes Nov 15, 2012

From: Monica Martin (MS OPEN TECH) <momartin@microsoft.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2012 18:38:34 +0000
To: "'public-tt@w3.org'" <public-tt@w3.org>
Message-ID: <dc7081fb9ac2454f9b434517c6ec5e2b@BY2PR03MB059.namprd03.prod.outlook.com>
Link: http://www.w3.org/2012/11/15-tt-minutes.html

Rough notes
menu
Status #ttX
(no topic set)
[06:58] == mmartin3 [~mmartin3@public.irc.w3.org] has joined #tt
[06:58] <mmartin3> trackbot, start meeting #tt
[06:58] <@trackbot> Sorry, mmartin3, I don't understand 'trackbot, start meeting #tt'. Please refer to http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/irc for help.
[06:58] <glenn> trackbot, start meeting
[06:58] * trackbot is preparing a teleconference
[06:58] == RRSAgent [rrsagent@public.cloak] has joined #tt
[06:58] <RRSAgent> logging to http://www.w3.org/2012/11/15-tt-irc
[06:58] <@trackbot> RRSAgent, make logs public
[06:58] <RRSAgent> I have made the request, trackbot
[06:58] == Zakim [zakim@public.cloak] has joined #tt
[06:58] <@trackbot> Zakim, this will be TTML
[06:58] <Zakim> ok, trackbot; I see SYMM_TTWG()10:00AM scheduled to start in 2 minutes
[06:58] <@trackbot> Meeting: Timed Text Working Group Teleconference
[06:58] <@trackbot> Date: 15 November 2012
[06:58] <mmartin3> Thanks Glenn.
[06:59] <glenn> zakim, who's on the phone?
[06:59] <Zakim> SYMM_TTWG()10:00AM has not yet started, glenn
[06:59] <Zakim> On IRC I see RRSAgent, mmartin3, glenn, trackbot
[06:59] <glenn> zakim, this is TTWG
[06:59] <Zakim> ok, glenn; that matches SYMM_TTWG()10:00AM
[06:59] <glenn> zakim, who's on the phone?
[06:59] <Zakim> On the phone I see ??P11, [Microsoft]
[06:59] <glenn> zakim, ??p11 is glenn
[06:59] <Zakim> +glenn; got it
[06:59] == Sean [~Sean@public.irc.w3.org] has joined #tt
[06:59] <glenn> zakim, [microsoft] has mmartin3
[06:59] <Zakim> +mmartin3; got it
[07:01] == pal [~pal@public.cloak] has joined #tt
[07:01] == Frans [~Frans@public.irc.w3.org] has joined #tt
[07:01] == plh [plehegar@public.cloak] has joined #tt
[07:01] <Zakim> + +1.408.771.aaaa
[07:02] * plh is sick and apologizes for not joining today. please let me know if you need me
[07:02] <Zakim> + +1.858.847.aabb
[07:02] <Zakim> + +1.425.658.aacc
[07:02] <glenn> zakim, who's noisy?
[07:02] <Zakim> glenn, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: [Microsoft] (22%), +1.858.847.aabb (5%)
[07:02] <mmartin3> Philippe, Can you stay on IRC?
[07:03] <plh> yes
[07:03] <mmartin3> good thanks
[07:03] <Zakim> + +1.650.525.aadd
[07:03] == courtney [~courtney@public.cloak] has joined #tt
[07:03] == mijordan [~mijordan@public.irc.w3.org] has joined #tt
[07:03] <glenn> zakim, aabb is mike_dolan
[07:03] <Zakim> +mike_dolan; got it
[07:04] <pal> zakim, aadd is pal
[07:04] <Zakim> +pal; got it
[07:04] <Zakim> +Andrew_Kirkpatrick
[07:04] <Sean> zakim, aacc is Sean
[07:04] <Zakim> +Sean; got it
[07:05] <mijordan> Zakim, Andrew_Kirkpatrick is mijordan
[07:05] <Zakim> +mijordan; got it
[07:05] <glenn> zakim, aaaa is pal
[07:05] <Zakim> +pal; got it
[07:05] <Zakim> + +41.22.717.aaee
[07:06] <Frans> Frnas
[07:06] <pal> zakim, pal is aadd
[07:06] <Zakim> +aadd; got it
[07:06] <glenn> zakim, aaee is Frans
[07:06] <Zakim> +Frans; got it
[07:06] <glenn> zakim, who's here?
[07:06] <Zakim> On the phone I see glenn, [Microsoft], pal.a, mike_dolan, Sean, aadd, mijordan, Frans
[07:07] <Zakim> [Microsoft] has mmartin3
[07:07] <Zakim> On IRC I see mijordan, courtney, plh, Frans, pal, Sean, Zakim, RRSAgent, mmartin3, glenn, trackbot
[07:07] <mmartin3> Chair
[07:07] <mmartin3> Sean
[07:07] <mmartin3> scribe
[07:07] <mmartin3> mmartin3
[07:07] <mmartin3> TTML Agenda Nov 15, 2012
[07:08] <mmartin3> Topic: SDP-US Issues
[07:09] <mmartin3> mdolan: Add to agenda: IANA response.
[07:09] <mmartin3> Dec 15 deadline
[07:10] <mmartin3> Action Sean Draft response to bring back to the group.
[07:10] * trackbot noticed an ACTION. Trying to create it.
[07:10] <@trackbot> Created ACTION-129 - Draft response to bring back to the group. [on Sean Hayes - due 2012-11-22].
[07:10] <mmartin3> Issue-182?
[07:10] * trackbot getting information on ISSUE-182
[07:10] <@trackbot> ISSUE-182 -- Allow more than one profile to be used in the SDP-US. Add use of ttp:profile element. -- open
[07:10] <@trackbot> http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/182
[07:11] <mmartin3> SDP-US draft: http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/ttml/raw-file/tip/ttml10-sdp-us/Overview.html
[07:11] <mmartin3> mmartin3: R0007 need namespace
[07:12] <mmartin3> ...answered Glenn: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2012Nov/0022.html.
[07:12] <mmartin3> c/answered
[07:12] <mmartin3> glenn: Agree with the proposal.
[07:13] <mmartin3> Resolved to include preamble text.
[07:14] <mmartin3> Issue-189?
[07:14] * trackbot getting information on ISSUE-189
[07:14] <@trackbot> ISSUE-189 -- do regions scroll their flowed content? -- open
[07:14] <@trackbot> http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/189
[07:14] <mmartin3> mmartin3: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2012Oct/0017.html
[07:14] <mmartin3> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2012Oct/0021.html
[07:15] == mike [~mike@public.cloak] has joined #tt
[07:15] <mmartin3> Second Edition
[07:16] <mmartin3> mmartin: Need to add example in Second Edition. Then put reference text in SDP-US.
[07:17] <mmartin3> dolan: Open question existed on my example.
[07:17] <mmartin3> sean: Only 2 lines visible in my previous example. Describes region, flow, and text behavior.
[07:18] <mmartin3> ...Two ways to construct - have 2 lines and overflow and display line after. Or display the lines appropriately with timing.
[07:18] <mmartin3> dolan: Mine was different.
[07:19] <mmartin3> sean: If have lines overflow. Ones at the bottom are seen. Ones at the top are moved out.
[07:19] <mmartin3> ...Use example as is except to remove displayAlign.
[07:20] <mmartin3> glenn: May still need it.
[07:20] <mmartin3> Dolan: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2012Oct/0017.html
[07:20] <mmartin3> Glenn: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2012Oct/0021.html
[07:21] <mmartin3> sean: May be able to handle without displayAlign.
[07:21] <mmartin3> dolan: TTML + representation of display that occurs.
[07:23] <mmartin3> sean: Send out example as complete TTML file as Mike provided and send screen shots.
[07:23] <mmartin3> Resolved to include example in TTML 1.0 SE,.
[07:23] <mmartin3> Action Sean Provide example with screen shot to the list for Issue-182 for TTML 1.0 SE portion.
[07:23] * trackbot noticed an ACTION. Trying to create it.
[07:23] <@trackbot> Created ACTION-130 - Provide example with screen shot to the list for Issue-182 for TTML 1.0 SE portion. [on Sean Hayes - due 2012-11-22].
[07:24] <mmartin3> mmartin3: Need text to reference TTML 1.0 SE for scrolling in SDP-US.
[07:24] <mmartin3> ...Text: See example on scrolling described in TTML 1.0 Second Edition.
[07:26] <mmartin3> sean: Reference this at point of R0047.
[07:26] <mmartin3> No objections.
[07:27] <mmartin3> Issue-188?
[07:27] * trackbot getting information on ISSUE-188
[07:27] <@trackbot> ISSUE-188 -- Bounding SDP-US rendering complexity -- open
[07:27] <@trackbot> http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/188
[07:27] <mmartin3> mmartin3: Explanatory text in Future Needs.
[07:28] <mmartin3> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2012Nov/0018.html
[07:28] <mmartin3> mmartin3: Glenn asked about rendering model.
[07:28] <mmartin3> sean: Authoring constraint model that impacts rendering.
[07:28] <Zakim> -Frans
[07:29] <Frans> Have to leave, sorry :(
[07:29] <mmartin3> ...Answer your questions Glenn.
[07:29] == Frans [~Frans@public.irc.w3.org] has quit ["Page closed"]
[07:29] <mmartin3> glenn: Value of note?
[07:29] <mmartin3> ..What is intended given what exists today in TTML 1.0?
[07:30] <mmartin3> sean: DECE has such a model with heuristics. Sean describes the discussion.
[07:30] <mmartin3> ...Compute model for the rendering
[07:31] <mmartin3> glenn: Have some constraints more than SDP-US now?
[07:32] <mmartin3> sean: Example is the delta area if you move a region.
[07:32] <mmartin3> glenn: Constraints on authoring for graphics performance.
[07:32] <mmartin3> ...Capture intent without being ambiguous.
[07:33] <mmartin3> dolan: Is this text helpful.
[07:33] <mmartin3> glenn: Documenting that we are thinking about it may be helpful.
[07:34] <mmartin3> sean: If word sufficiently, this would make use of TTML in SDP easier.
[07:35] <mmartin3> glenn: Working Group Note?
[07:35] <mmartin3> sean: Yes.
[07:35] <mmartin3> ...Roll-up to TTML 1.1 potentially.
[07:35] <mmartin3> glenn: If we do intend to revise this, do we want a Note?
[07:36] <mmartin3> ...Go through membership.
[07:36] <mmartin3> sean: Done with technical area.
[07:37] <mmartin3> glenn: Won't have membership endorsement or revise the draft.
[07:37] <mmartin3> sean: Make statement to chairs group.
[07:37] <mmartin3> ...similar to our FPWD.
[07:39] <mmartin3> ...go through review in TTML 1.1.
[07:39] <mmartin3> mmartin3: Shown in updated charter.
[07:39] <mmartin3> Ressolved to Glenn do text for Issue-188.
[07:40] <mmartin3> Issue-190?
[07:40] * trackbot getting information on ISSUE-190
[07:40] <@trackbot> ISSUE-190 -- Background vs Window Color -- closed
[07:40] <@trackbot> http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/190
[07:40] <mmartin3> mmartin3: To be included.
[07:41] <mmartin3> ...Example only.
[07:43] <mmartin3> mmartin3: Will make sure preamble is provided.
[07:43] <mmartin3> Issue-194?
[07:43] * trackbot getting information on ISSUE-194
[07:43] <@trackbot> ISSUE-194 -- root container needs better definition -- open
[07:43] <@trackbot> http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/194
[07:43] <mmartin3> mmartin3: "The root container origin shall be the upper left corner of the related video coding; and the extent shall be the lower right corner."
[07:43] <mmartin3> ....Need to add definition.
[07:44] <mmartin3> ...Normative text.
[07:44] <mmartin3> dolan: Need to have a specific definition.
[07:45] <mmartin3> glenn: R0021 and R0022.
[07:46] <mmartin3> R0021 -  A presentation processor must fix the root container origin so that it corresponds with the top, left corner of the related media object [TTML10SE], Section 2.2.   R0022 -  A presentation processor must fix the root container extent so that it corresponds with the extent of the related media object [TTML10SE], Section 2.2.
[07:46] <mmartin3> mmartin3: Text in SDP-US draft.
[07:48] <mmartin3> Second Edition text: Related Media Object A (possibly null) media object associated with or otherwise related to a TTML document instance. For example, an aggregate audio/video media object for which a TTML document instance provides caption or subtitle information, and with which that TTML document instance is associated.
[07:48] <mmartin3> dolan: What about registering with the video?
[07:49] <mmartin3> glenn: Why we have definition in SE.
[07:49] <mmartin3> ..Make suggested change.
[07:49] <mmartin3> sean: Preamble that says the object is the video.
[07:50] <mmartin3> glenn: Add note after 2 requirements.
[07:50] <mmartin3> dolan: Only with video.
[07:51] <mmartin3> glenn: Rules out to non-video related media.
[07:51] <mmartin3> Resolved to add note on R0021 and R0022.
[07:52] <mmartin3> sean: In this case, the related media object is the original video.
[07:52] <mmartin3> ...Use this text.
[07:54] <mmartin3> mmartin3: Issues all resolved.
[07:54] <mmartin3> ...New issue from Pierre, Issue-196.
[07:54] <mmartin3> Issue-196?
[07:54] * trackbot getting information on ISSUE-196
[07:54] <@trackbot> ISSUE-196 -- Constraining encoding to UTF-8 -- raised
[07:54] <@trackbot> http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/196
[07:55] <mmartin3> pal: Add constraint on encoding to UTF-8.
[07:55] <mmartin3> glenn: Need to say it is XML first.
[07:56] <mmartin3> sean: Syntax issues.
[07:56] <mmartin3> ..Part of TTML 1.1.
[07:57] <mmartin3> glenn: 2 new requirements - mandate XML and character encoding of UTF-8.
[07:57] <mmartin3> mmartin3: XML 1.0.
[07:58] <mmartin3> Action Glenn Add 2 new requirements - mandate XML and character encoding of UTF-8.
[07:58] * trackbot noticed an ACTION. Trying to create it.
[07:58] <@trackbot> Created ACTION-131 - Add 2 new requirements - mandate XML and character encoding of UTF-8. [on Glenn Adams - due 2012-11-22].
[07:58] <mmartin3> Resolved to add 2 new requirements for XML 1.0 and UTF-8.
[07:59] <mmartin3> Action-131 will resolve Issue-196.
[07:59] <glenn> ISSUE-196?
[07:59] * trackbot getting information on ISSUE-196
[07:59] <@trackbot> ISSUE-196 -- Constraining encoding to UTF-8 -- raised
[07:59] <@trackbot> http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/196
[07:59] <mmartin3> mmartin3: Sense of the document.
[07:59] <mmartin3> ...to proceed.
[07:59] <glenn> ACTION-131: see ISSUE-196
[07:59] * trackbot attempting to add comment notes to ACTION-131.
[07:59] <@trackbot> ACTION-131 Add 2 new requirements - mandate XML and character encoding of UTF-8. notes added
[08:00] <mmartin3> plh are you herer?
[08:00] <mmartin3> c/here
[08:01] <mmartin3> glenn: Raised 2 questions on Section 2 and 12 for some rewrites.
[08:01] <mmartin3> ...Need to inversion of some requirements to make sure we have consistency across the document.
[08:02] <mmartin3> sean: Clean up document and issue Last Call with 2 weeks to publish as a Note Nov 29.
[08:02] <mmartin3> glenn: LCWD text
[08:03] <mmartin3> ,...Go through pubs to do so.
[08:04] <mmartin3> Topic: Meetings
[08:04] <mmartin3> sean: No meeting Nov 22.
[08:04] <Zakim> -mike_dolan
[08:04] <Zakim> -Sean
[08:04] <Zakim> -[Microsoft]
[08:04] <Zakim> -aadd
[08:04] == mike [~mike@public.cloak] has quit [""]
[08:04] <Zakim> -mijordan
[08:04] <Zakim> -glenn
[08:04] <mmartin3> ..Final publication Nov 29.
[08:04] == mijordan [~mijordan@public.irc.w3.org] has quit ["Page closed"]
[08:05] <mmartin3> trackbot, list attendees
[08:05] <@trackbot> Sorry, mmartin3, I don't understand 'trackbot, list attendees'. Please refer to http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/irc for help.
[08:05] <mmartin3> zakim, list attendees
[08:05] <Zakim> As of this point the attendees have been glenn, mmartin3, +1.408.771.aaaa, +1.858.847.aabb, +1.425.658.aacc, +1.650.525.aadd, mike_dolan, Sean, mijordan, +41.22.717.aaee, aadd,
[08:05] <Zakim> ... Frans
[08:05] * plh zakim, who is on the phone?
[08:05] * Zakim sees on the phone: pal.a
[08:05] <glenn> trackbot, end meeting
[08:05] * trackbot is ending a teleconference
[08:05] <@trackbot> Zakim, list attendees
[08:05] <Zakim> As of this point the attendees have been glenn, mmartin3, +1.408.771.aaaa, +1.858.847.aabb, +1.425.658.aacc, +1.650.525.aadd, mike_dolan, Sean, mijordan, +41.22.717.aaee, aadd,
[08:05] <plh> zakim, drop pal.a
[08:05] <Zakim> ... Frans
[08:05] <Zakim> pal.a is being disconnected
[08:05] <Zakim> SYMM_TTWG()10:00AM has ended
[08:05] <Zakim> Attendees were glenn, mmartin3, +1.408.771.aaaa, +1.858.847.aabb, +1.425.658.aacc, +1.650.525.aadd, mike_dolan, Sean, mijordan, +41.22.717.aaee, aadd, Frans
[08:05] <@trackbot> RRSAgent, please draft minutes
[08:05] <RRSAgent> I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/11/15-tt-minutes.html trackbot
[08:05] == pal [~pal@public.cloak] has quit ["Leaving"]
[08:05] <@trackbot> RRSAgent, bye
[08:05] <RRSAgent> I see no action items
[08:05] == RRSAgent [rrsagent@public.cloak] has left #tt [RRSAgent]
@trackbotcourtneyglennmmartin3plhSeanZakim

Monica J Martin
Senior Program Manager
Microsoft Open Technologies, Inc.
A subsidiary of Microsoft Corporation
Received on Thursday, 15 November 2012 18:40:47 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 21:06:06 UTC