Re: caption/subtitle discussion on ogg accessibility list

On Wed, 2008-12-10 at 03:52 +1100, Silvia Pfeiffer wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 10, 2008 at 3:47 AM, Sean Hayes <Sean.Hayes@microsoft.com> wrote:
> >> HTML5 already has a <video> element.
> >
> > HTML5 is far from finished drafting, let alone reaching market acceptance <grin/>
>
> ...which is being rolled out by Firefox and Opera at least. :-)

I added support for the HTML5 video element in the DFXP test suite. It
is only using an OGV file for the moment. Oh, and since it was in the
DFXP test suite, I implemented a quick DFXP implementation in javascript
at the same time :). I'm sure that lots of improvements can be made to
the code but that's a start. To see the result, you'll need Firefox
3.1b2 when running the DFXP test suite (Opera doesn't support much of
the HTMLMediaElement properties yet).

Go to
http://www.w3.org/2008/12/dfxp-testsuite/web-framework/START.html

and select "HTML5 DFXP Player prototype".

Philippe

[1] http://www.w3.org/2008/12/html_properties.html