From: Glenn A. Adams [mailto:gadams@xfsi.com]
Sent: 09 December 2008 10:21
To: Sean Hayes; Public TTWG List
Subject: Re: Spec problem - text outline

See the note that follows the table in 8.2.21:
Note:

For the purpose of determining applicability of this style property, each character child of a p element is considered to be enclosed in an anonymous span.

The same note is repeated on all style properties that apply to the span element (type), e.g., see tts:color.