Re: new issue? dfxp and language selection

On 4 Dec 2008, at 15:54, Sean Hayes wrote:
> In my opinion the best approach here is having the spec define
> xml:lang solely for its intended meaning, that is to convey the
> language of an element and its contents and not try and overlay some
> other semantics in the specification, but allow interested parties
> to do so via transformation if they so wish.

I like that. The "xml:lang" attribute provides insufficient semantics
for performing content selection: user-agents may decide to use it for
content pruning purposes, at their own risk (at the cost of content
reusability, due to discrepancies in interpretations, etc.).