From: Sean Hayes [mailto:shayes@microsoft.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 29, 2005 11:02 AM
To: Glenn A. Adams; Johnb@screen.subtitling.com
Cc: public-tt@w3.org
Subject: RE: Timed Text Authoring Format - Distribution Format Exchange
Pr ofile (DFXP) Streaming

Yes I understand that the spec is clear if you read it. My fear is that
in the real world, people aren't going to read the small print (John has
already demonstrated this :-) and really understand TT.  They are going
to load the XSD into XML Spy or some such tool and go generating
thousands of document instances. If they are an influential player, and
produce enough content then they become the de-facto standard. And we
end up with another HTML situation.

'A stitch in time' as my Mother would say...