From: Johnb@screen.subtitling.com [mailto:Johnb@screen.subtitling.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 29, 2005 6:49 AM
To: Glenn A. Adams
Cc: public-tt@w3.org
Subject: RE: Timed Text Authoring Format - Distribution Format Exchange
Profile (DFXP) Streaming

Hi Glenn,

So - if a proposed system was to use DFXP as an internal format for data
carriage, and it was considered necessary to make a strong statement
about which codepoints must be supported by any user agent for that
system implementation - then that statement should be made in either a
profile for DFXP or in any guidelines that support/specify the system or
UA implementation?

E.g A statement could be made defining the ranges of Unicode codepoints
that a UA must support (even if only in a default font)

regards

John B.