Re: [DFXP LC Comment] Some questions (was: Re: [tt] Some questions)

Glenn A. Adams wrote:
>> It would remove the need for a validating parser to recognize the
>> 'id' attribute is of type ID.
>
> [GA] But it would require a special validating parser that is not yet
>  generally available, namely, one with intrinsic semantics regarding
> the processing of xml:id. I do not believe the argument you cite is
> sufficient motivation to adopt xml:id; however, I will communicate
> your request and rationale to the WG.

It would not require a special validating parser. It would require a
parser that recognizes xml:id as of type ID instead of as a normal
attribute. To enhance a parser to support that is less work than making
a parser a validating parser.

--
  Anne van Kesteren
  <http://annevankesteren.nl/>