Re: Issue 12: Javascript API to return promises instead of nothing.

Hi Roy,

thanks a lot for the clarification.

IMHO at this point, there is no guarantee that any of the browsers will
implement the standard we propose.

This means we have two choices:
- We strip down the standard to whatever exists in some version of some
browser. No thinking needed; look at the browser and strip the TPE spec
to what is there.
- We continue to evolve the standard to meet emerging (EU and other)
requirements and discuss how we can demonstrate interop (e.g. by
demonstrating plugins that interact with a site).

My understanding is that the second option is the only one that allows
us to meet our chartered goal to simplify compliance with emerging EU
regulations. In this case, we are free to update anything including the
JAvascript API (as long as we can then implement and validate it).

Any opionions/feedback?

Regards,

matthias